Fumigation Pest Control Technician
Posted on: April 12, 2019
Ecolab is seeking Fumigation Technicians. Whether you are importing
or exporting produce, pallets or logs, we have licensed fumigation
experts at major seaports and inland locations across the U.S. We
handle all set-up processes, apply for and obtain all permits and
licenses, and ensure compliance with all regulations.
What's in it For You:
* The opportunity to take on some of the world's most meaningful
challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food,
abundant energy and healthy environments
* The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a
company that is passionate about growth
* The support of an organization that believes it is vital to
include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to
achieve our best
What You Will Do:
* Provides quality fumigation services for local clients, including
but not limited to import and export commodities, shipping
containers, vessels, and structural fumigations
* Potentially lead a small group of specialists in fumigation
* Use hand-held gas monitoring equipment to conduct readings
* Read, understand, and follows labels and SDS forms for hazardous
chemicals used during services provided
* Maintain working order and cleanliness of assigned company
* Effectively communicate with clients as needed
* Inspect, maintain, and utilize Personal Protection Equipment
* Follow proper safety guidelines, including but not limited to
specified Target Solutions training, OSHA mandated guidelines, and
all client specified guidelines
* Candidate must reside in: Suffolk or surrounding area
* Work week and shift: Full-Time position with 40+ hours per week;
Days and shifts will vary
* High School diploma or equivalent, and 1-5 year(s) of related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Valid Driver's License with an acceptable motor vehicle record,
and drive and maintain a company vehicle and equipment in clean and
proper operating condition.
* Possess required fumigation certifications and licenses pursuant
to country or state/local laws.
* Successfully completed required trainings
* Ability to travel up to 50% including overnight for business
* Must be able to work an overnight shift.
* Willingness to be on-call during off work hours and weekends as
* Ability to communicate effectively in English, verbally and in
writing, and to engage in appropriate face-to-face communication
* Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
* Must have the ability Lift/Push/Pull/Carry up to 70 pounds chest
* Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a
variety of conditions to include confined spaces damp and/or dusty
locations, freezing conditions and hot conditions.
* Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the
position which include sitting, standing, walking, moving,
climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, and
pulling, talk and hear.
* Must be capable of wearing a respirator.
* Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to understand product labels, compute and mix accurate
concentrations of chemicals, and follow all label requirements.
* Ability to use all equipment involved in fumigation management
services, including electronic devices for recording and reporting
* Computer Skills: Database software (including industry-specific
software), company network-based and "cloud"-based applications,
smart phones, Microsoft Office, and other electronic devices used
to access information and enter data.
Keywords: Ecolab, Suffolk , Fumigation Pest Control Technician, Professions , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!