IT Business Analyst
Company: Towne Bank
Posted on: November 22, 2022
* This position performs database administration, data validation
testing, data modeling, and data replication, backup, and
performance tuning. This position also evaluates functional and
technical specifications to fulfill data requirements for key
initiatives/projects. Independently develops test plans, validation
requirements and documentation to ensure data integrity for
analysis and report requests.
* The Business Analyst is the liaison between the business line and
technology. The Business Analyst will be an advocate for the
business to identify and deliver technology and business
* The Business Analyst will be the catalyst for supporting and
maintaining the data solutions in production.
* Works with large and varied data sets to formulate lists, reports
and analysis that will assist management in the measurement,
tracking, and performance of key initiatives.
* Understands and utilizes programs, tools, and databases
efficiently to provide data requirements to users in a timely
* Works with various departments to gather data or application
requirements. Independently designs and implements solutions for
problems and/or opportunities to improve efficiency.
* Evaluates functional and technical specifications to fulfill data
requirements for key initiatives/projects. Independently develops
test plans, validation requirements and documentation to ensure
data integrity for analysis and report requests.
* Designs and automates processes and queries for maximum
efficiency and performance.
* Troubleshoots and resolves development and functional issues to
meet user requirements.
* Communicates potential issues along with possible solutions and
works with the business unit to identify optimal solutions.
* Identifies, documents, and communicates data gaps (i.e., Missing,
or limited data) along with solutions to address the gaps with
management. Works with the business unit to identify suitable
sources to accommodate business needs.
* Maintains compliance with data governance and protocols through
* Documents all related data queries, dashboards, reports, and any
other data artifacts related to deliverables within the Data &
* Contributes to project plans.
* Develops and facilitates test plans and scripts.
* Obeys all applicable federal laws, rules, and regulations
relating to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) including the Bank Secrecy
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
* Four-Five years of recent experience working as a business data
analyst. Excellent and extremely conversant with Microsoft Power BI
tool and visualizations
* Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Visio, Access), SQL, and query
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in technical
and user-friendly manner, team oriented; adaptability to changing
* Ability to work independently, analyze data, take, and recommend
appropriate actions with minimal supervision.
* Superior analytical, organizational, and problem solving
* Dependable, self-motivated with a positive attitude.
* Ability to think outside the box, show initiative, and be
* Enjoy very detailed research and documentation.
* Ability to manage and prioritize workload effectively and thrive
in a fast-paced work environment
Desired Skills and Competencies:
* Bachelor's degree in Business or Information Technology.
* Experience & knowledge of the financial services industry.
* Power BI certification a huge plus
Physically you can anticipate to:
* Express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word via email
* Exert up to/carry 25 pounds of force occasionally, use your arms
and legs, and sit most of the time.
* Vision, hearing, speech, and manual dexterity sufficient to
reach/handle items and work with fingers is required.
* Have close visual acuity to perform activities such as analyzing
data, viewing a computer terminal, reading, and preparing
* Not be substantially exposed to adverse environmental
Keywords: Towne Bank, Suffolk , IT Business Analyst, Professions , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!