Sr. IT Technical Analyst, Web Applications (Remote Opportunity)
Company: Smithfield Foods
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Sr. IT Technical Analyst, Web Applications (Remote Opportunity)
US-VA-Smithfield - US-IL-Lisle - US-MO-Kansas City
Corporate - Day Shift
The Sr. IT Technical Analyst, Web Applications is an early career
IT position responsible for supporting and developing in
Smithfield's System Web Applications and CMS landscape. They are
tasked with analysis, troubleshooting, development and delivery of
Web Based Applications and Content Management Systems. This
position will develop with the employee to incorporate cross
platform integrations, Low Code/No Code applications, within an
Agile environment. The focus of this role is analysis and
development utilizing full stack .Net development to support
project and production capabilities and timelines. As part of the
Global Applications & Operations team, the Sr. IT Technical
Analyst, Web Applications is responsible for maintenance, support
and ongoing enhancement of developments with the Web Applications
landscape. The successful candidate will work closely with members
of the application development, content management services
delivery, as well as cross functional project teams, to support and
develop Web Applications to facilitate successful integration into
the IT&T system portfolio.
- Web content development within Content
Management Services Platforms (Kentico, Word Press)
- Software Development utilizing full stack .net, Web
Applications Toolsets (such as Telerik)
- Understand business requirements and participate in
- Be capable to develop, unit testing and deploying the
application applications with Azure Dev Ops and Git
- Work with multiple internal groups and external users to ensure
customer's requirements are evaluated and capture the context of
- Work with the product owner, Web Apps Tech Lead and Project
Managers to create version plans, negotiate schedules and define
user story acceptance criteria that meet evolving customer needs.
Work with QA to ensure product meets high quality standards and
that at the software level it is validated.
- Collaborate with other teams to resolve difficult technical
problems within CMS platforms and to solution on new developments
or develop enhancements to existing code in Web Applications.
- Provide effective documentation and presentations of the
requirements and architecture of the system
- Participate in design and code reviews, re-engineer and develop
demonstrating new design patterns
- DevOpsThe above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year
college or university and 2+ years of relevant experience, or
equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Experience in Content Management Services (such as Kentico) and
integrating across Web Applications.
- Experience developing full-stack web applications using modern
frameworks in core programming languages (such as Java, Python,
- Experience deploying to production systems in a highly
available environment, required.
- Experience in iterative and incremental software development
using CI/CD pipeline, Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile
Methodologies such as Scrum, required.
- Experience working with tools and technologies such as Jenkins,
GitHub, Maven, Azure DevOps and AWS technologies, required.
- Knowledge of Databases and Database management
- Knowledge of security best practices and principles,
- Ability to communicate clearly with all levels of employees
within the organization and external consultants.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight
deadlines and multiple project deliverables.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable, and team-oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
- Knowledge of business systems requirements, project management
and ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and competing
- Up to 25% travel required.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit
smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits. PEOPLE MATTER More than 63,000
employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair,
ethical and rewarding work environment. GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job - it's the foundation for a
lifelong career with training designed to help you advance
professionally. BENEFITS Our people matter. That's why we offer
excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time
employees. SUSTAINABILITY PLEDGE Sustainability is ingrained in our
culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc.
is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global
reach. Our 43,000 U.S. team members and 16,000 European employees
are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly." and have made
us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein
companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than
two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become
carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG
emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We
believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have
donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in
need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands,
such as Smithfield, Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others.
For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect
with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace
diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected
veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other
protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Suffolk , Sr. IT Technical Analyst, Web Applications (Remote Opportunity), Professions , Smithfield, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!