MANAGER, FACILITY MAINTENANCE
Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Facility: -RIVERS CORRECTIONAL FACILITYCompensation Base:
-Compensation Bonus (if applicable): -Equal Opportunity
Employer.SummaryThis position is responsible for ensuring that
smaller multiple facilities or a larger complex facility have their
physical structure and plant maintained and repaired in a timely
and cost efficient manner. In addition, this position supervises a
maintenance staff or outside construction vendors who perform
remodeling, additions, maintenance service, and repairs in the
areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine
servicing, janitorial, general grounds, heating, ventilation, air
conditioning, security, and electrical systems.Primary Duties and
- Coordinates with Corporate Project Development team and manages
construction or remodeling programs to ensure work is completed in
a timely manner. Ensures that all necessary permits are obtained
before projects start. Inspects completed work for conformance to
blueprints, specifications, and standards. Authorizes payment for
- Develops and maintains maintenance budgets and costs. Notifies
management when facility maintenance costs are not following budget
- Reviews production schedules and estimates worker hour
requirements to ensure projects and work orders completion within
- Establishes, prioritizes, and adjusts work procedures to meet
- Monitors Building Automation Systems (BAS). Reviews, records,
and analyzes energy usage and costs. Determines if there are better
cost effective approaches to reduce cost and energy usage.
- Directs workers engaged in maintaining the facility's physical
structure including plumbing, carpentry; painting; plastering;
machine servicing; janitorial; general grounds; heating,
ventilation, and air conditioning; security; and electrical
- Directs workers engaged in ground maintenance activities
including mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, and raking
and disposing of leaves and refuse.
- Directs workers assisting other departments as requested,
including moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies needed to
effectively maintain and operate the facility.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to
increase work efficiency.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work
- Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with supervisors to coordinate activities of individual
- May perform maintenance work, but only temporarily or in an
- May supervise inmates/detainees receiving training in
- Performs other duties as assigned. -Job Requirements:Minimum
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- Five (5) years in construction, plumbing, electricity, HVAC,
mechanical, carpentry or related work. Journeyman's certification
in one or more trades such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing or
carpentry. Certification as a building maintenance supervisor or
Facility Manager from the Building Operating Management Association
(BOMA) or Executive Operating Engineer through American Hotel and
Lodging Association (AHLA) preferred.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
- Ability to calculate estimates and amounts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to use computers and the software products typically
used by the business unit. Experience using BAS computer
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Suffolk , MANAGER, FACILITY MAINTENANCE, Professions , Winton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!