Business Support Analyst Senior
Posted on: January 12, 2020
Purpose of Job Responsible for the implementation of solutions for
complex business problems. Serves as a team leader to other
Analysts who are responsible for supporting key operational
functions and providing recommendations for improvement. Job
- Develops and maintains an understanding of overall business
functions with in-depth knowledge of specific areas/functions and
- Provides expertise in development of business goals and
objectives to exploit all distribution channels, leverage use of
data, and simplify processes.
- Serves as focal point for external agencies/service providers
regarding daily operational activities or proposed strategic
changes to the services being performed.
- Provides operational support on current processes and supports
business operations and management in identifying opportunities and
solutions to meet current and future business needs.
- Organizes and defines parameters of assigned projects and
assembles relevant data for said project(s).
- Validates information and interfaces with other departments to
include presentations of documented findings, alternatives and
- Represents the business or staff agency as the subject matter
expert on special projects and initiatives, as necessary.
- Participates in the planning, research, analysis, development,
and implementation of new and modifications to existing
applications and processes to provide new or improved capabilities,
products, and/or services.
- Maintains broad system knowledge, stays current on all system
enhancements, identifies training needs and implements plans.
- Assists with the documentation of new and revised departmental
- Gathers information, analyzes data and trends, identifies root
causes, and develops work products.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on
escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Performs research, analysis, and resolution of account issues
through the use of reports. Reviews, validates, and/or analyzes
reports that function as a control to existing processes.
- Generates and/or develops regulatory and management reports.
Develops and analyzes additional ad-hoc reports as needed by
Management and or Regulatory Agencies.Minimum Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 6 or more years' experience as an analyst or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge in a wide variety of systems coordination,
process/product review initiatives and the development of
management information requirements for related business
functions.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- 6+ years Business Analytics & visualization experience (eg
Tableau, Business Objects, Microsoft R)
- 6+ years in data analysis (quantitative & qualitative), root
cause analysis & delivering data-driven recommendations clearly, in
a logical manner
- 4+ years working with, and thorough understanding of
programming language concepts and structure (eg SQL, Python) to
access, visualize and transform big data
- Experience working with, and ability to articulate strategy to
build, modify, supplement and/or redesigning data
structures/taxonomy (Note - this is not a data science role, though
some concepts will improve effectiveness)
- Building and maintaining effective metadata standards for use
- Expert MS Excel, PPT, Intermediate Access (Google/Apple/Open
Office substitutions acceptable)
- Excellent communication and partnership skills to effectively
manage, inform and influence outcomes
- Financial Services experience, particularly working in large
- Effective at operating as part of a distributed team is a
potential option for the right candidate)The above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
package in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to
posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
1/14/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Suffolk , Business Support Analyst Senior, Professions , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!