Customer Success Representative
Company: Smithfield Foods
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Customer Success Representative
Other - Ask for details
Are you passionate about serving customers with excellence? If you
answered yes, the Customer Success Representative role could be the
position you've been looking for. When starting with this role, you
will be in training for approximately 6-9 months. You will learn
the core requirements of serving our customer base and sales and
then slowly start taking on accounts.
This role is accountable for guiding
the life cycle of the order, from order entry into our system,
until arrival with the customer.
- Proactively partner with Supply Planning and Demand Planning on
resolutions when shortages are known. Obtain options for customer's
shortages and present details related to root cause, along with
options for recovery.
- Collaborate with the transportation team obtaining on-going
updates to provide the customer, sales, and broker (where
- Handle the late/light order approval process for late order
requests to process and ship under standard lead time.
- Ensures all order management guidelines such as lead time,
order minimums, order cut-off times, late order requests and
changes are followed to minimize errors and maximize Supply Chain
- Assists in managing Customer Master Data to ensure customer
records are accurate and order entry is not delayed.
- Assists claims department on matters related to incorrect or
- Develop strong and trusted relationships with customers through
timely and accurate communications.
- Manage a high volume of communication/requests, resolving
issues in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain and update documents related to customer
- Conflict resolution: Learning the ability to defuse high
pressure situations and remain solutions driven.
- While working with the Training Manager, learning how to host
calls with sales, various supply chain partners, and customers when
- Accountable for promoting increased order size, direct plant
shipments and various other customer programs/initiatives.
- Individuals will receive accounts slowly into the 6-9-month
- Smaller and less complicated accounts will slowly be
transitioned to individuals into their 6-9 month program.
- Learn about the Customer Success MBO's and start to embed in
- DPS - constantly look for opportunities to direct plant ship
orders that are not defaulted.
- Increase Truck Weight/Order size
- Full Pallet Improvement - always reach out to customers to move
order quantities to full pallet levels.
- OTIF - avoid fines from customers by filling on time & in
fullThe above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 2+
years' relevant experience, required.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, and
- Good ability to make decisions and problem-solving account
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback.
- Sound ability to manage conflict.
- Must be able to multi-task with many competing day-to-day
activities with competing priorities.
- Flexibility to adapt to a varied work schedule.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
- Requires travel, up to 10% of the time.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit
smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits. PEOPLE MATTER More than 63,000
employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair,
ethical and rewarding work environment. GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job - it's the foundation for a
lifelong career with training designed to help you advance
professionally. BENEFITS Our people matter. That's why we offer
excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time
employees. SUSTAINABILITY PLEDGE Sustainability is ingrained in our
culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc.
is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global
reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to
producing "Good food. Responsibly" and serve as one of the world's
leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered
sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our
industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in our U.S.
company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across
our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of
protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of
millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a
portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield,
Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others. For more
information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace
diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected
veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other
protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Suffolk , Customer Success Representative, Other , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!