Command Center Operations Liaison
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Description Job Description:Leidos is seeking a Command Center
Operations Liaison to support efforts on the SMIT contract. SMIT is
the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service
Management, Integration, and Transport portion of SMIT, the Leidos
team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps
Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations,
service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support
the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management
to improve capability and service while also saving significant
dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network. The
Command Center Operations Liaison serves as the conduit between
Leidos and Naval Network Warfare Command (NNWC) Battle Watch
Captain at the Suffolk NETWARCOM facility and or Norfolk Network
Operations Center on the SMIT contract. Responsible for monitoring
and reporting on incidents and events impacting the infrastructure
and network. This includes responding appropriately to alerts and
events from triage through resolution, including escalations, where
appropriate. Provide After Action Reports in accordance with
Government procedures. Document daily shift activities in
appropriate reporting and ticketing tools and ensure proper pass
down of any outstanding issues. Provide incident notification to
Government and Leidos representatives. Primary Responsibilities
- Provide technical oversight of Network Operations services and
customer support initiatives.
- Requires the ability to think independently and make
decisions/recommendations which will have an immediate effect on
the availability of our networks.
- Identify problems, determine accuracy and relevance of a broad
range of technical information. Use sound judgment to generate,
evaluate, and execute alternative courses of action. Produce
timely, effective, decision-quality technical recommendations to
support senior leadership.
- Act as a Liaison to the Government Battle Watch Captain and
designated Leidos leaders for Day-to- Day activities.
- Ensure real time information exchange of operational, critical
situations, and disaster preparedness to operational customer.
- Provide assistance on Government Directed Actions to ensure
implementations are completed in accordance with established
- Be part of a team of high-quality employees and build
relationships with other internal teams and customers.
- Work with other Watch Officers, EOM's and CSMs to ensure a
smooth transition from one watch to the next.
- Multitask constantly--handling numerous interruptions and
situations, communicating, double-checking, reacting swiftly to
possible outage scenarios, and making decisions and reviewing them
later to realize continual improvement.
- Provide communication to customers and internal executives
about incidents and outages as they occur, along with periodic
follow-up reports and notifications of resolution.
- Assist with the tracking of security-related events, network
vulnerabilities, suspicious activities, malicious attacks, and
- Schedule and conduct meetings prior to, and during, emergencies
and disasters. The scope of this activity covers employee
accountability and safety as well as IT services and failovers from
one NOC or server farm to another.
- Ensure thorough documentation of incidents and outages so the
Problem Management team can effectively research root cause to
- Be familiar with Tools and applications implemented on the
network to aid in incident resolution.
- Be familiar with SLA/SLR's to aid the team in accomplishing the
- Be familiar with the approved projects implementation of ITIL
processes. Directly execute the Event Management, Incident
Management, and Continuous Improvement processes.
- Manage IT services to meet requirements within specified cost
constraints by developing standards and recommending efficiency
- Create and distribute daily reports that describe performance
and areas for improvement.
- Interact with user-based operations personnel to facilitate
good communication, understanding of customer perceptions, and
proposing recommendations. Basic Qualifications
- BS degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or
master's with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience in
Cybersecurity, Information Security, IT, EE, Network Engineering,
Computer Science, or related field.
- Additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a
- US Citizen and DoD Top Secret-SCI Clearance.
- 8570 Compliant meeting the IAT II level certification
- Familiarity with ITIL best practices (ITIL Foundations).
- Experience in a data center environment.
- Performs well under pressure and has the ability to
- Hands-on Experience in working with DoD networks, including
NIPR and SIPR
- Willingness to flex hours as needed. Shift: Monday - Friday
0800 - 1630 EST Preferred Qualifications
- Prior military experience a plus; USMC or USN IT experience
- Experience working with networking technologies and data
- Exceptional communication abilities, both verbal and written,
including long-form business writing on complex topics
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation
independently; have a passion to improve at every opportunity
- Ability to define program goals and roadmaps based on customer
needs and strategic direction, and ensure that committed projects
are delivered on schedule by the relevant team members
- Ability to work in a matrix organization with other teams to
resolve issues and communicate status effectively to peers,
subordinates and program leadership
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal
communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical
reports on analytic findings Pay Range:
Keywords: Leidos, Suffolk , Command Center Operations Liaison, Other , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!