Senior IT Data Solution Architect (Remote Opportunity)
Company: Smithfield Foods
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Job Locations: US-VA-Smithfield Your Opportunity:The IT Senior
Data Solution Architect is an expert in the technologies used to
capture and process data for analytics use cases. The position that
requires an individual who can design and deliver enterprise
information strategies and architectures for various business
analytics domains across a disparate and evolving landscape of
systems, data sources and technologies. The Senior Data Architect
will act as a leader in major analytics platform
design/deployment/improvement efforts. The Senior Data Architect
will play a major role in the redesign of Smithfield's data
engineering landscape to support speed, a wide variety of internal
and external data sources and accessibility/usability of data. The
successful candidate will be deeply involved in the design of the
entire data engineering stack - including storage, compute,
orchestration, access control, source code control and CI/CD. In
addition, the successful candidate work with other data architects
and data engineers to develop data pipeline "design patterns" to
streamline the data pipeline build/deploy process and reduce
time-to-market. For complex data engineering needs, the successful
candidate will work with data engineers and analysts to identify
the relevant design patterns and incorporate them into
comprehensive solutions to be built by the data engineer. The
Senior Data Architect answers the question "s this possible, and
how can we do it?"
- Assist in leading data platform design and deployment including
the following components: data ingestion, data storage, compute,
pipeline orchestration, source code control, CI/CD, access
- Partner with data engineers and analysts to develop reusable
data pipeline design patterns.
- Design and develop physical data models (data lakes and data
warehouses) utilizing dimensional modeling concepts.
- Work with IT teams, business analysts, and data analytics teams
to understand needs of data consumers and design solutions.
- Serve as a principal advisor for domain technology architecture
- Create and maintain enterprise analytics data architecture
- Collaborate with the IT Data Governance team in defining and
managing standards, guidelines, and processes.
- Participate in the selection of emerging technologies for data
management, storage, and analytics.
- Present project designs and architectural roadmaps to the
relevant governance committees and implementation teams.
- Continuous improvement of existing data architecture,
delivering reusable services and cost saving opportunities in line
with the policies and standards of the group.
- Provide mentoring and coaching for architects, engineers and
analysts within the IT and Business Analytics groups.The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other
duties as assigned.Qualifications:To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the
Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or
university in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related
field and 5+ years of relevant professional experience, or
equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in the design, deployment and
management of analytics data processing systems and architectures,
- Expert knowledge of data management, data integration and data
platform development techniques
- Expert knowledge of SQL programming, including demonstrated
experience with a combination of functions, stored procedures,
cursors, common table expressions, dynamic SQL, data pivoting,
query optimization, correlated subqueries, windowing functions,
error handling and merge operations
- Expert knowledge of the Python programming language, with
demonstrated experience utilizing Python on the Apache Spark
- Expert level knowledge of Kimball dimensional data modeling
concepts and patterns
- Demonstrated experience deploying and utilizing a modern data
engineering stack composed of data lake, dimensional data warehouse
and Apache Spark-based compute platform
- Deep understanding of the technologies and activities required
to develop, deploy and run robust data pipelines to support the
derivation of insight from data
- Experience with cloud-based analytics platforms on AWS and/or
- Experience in entity relationship modeling, metadata systems,
data quality tools and techniques
- Ability to relate architectural decisions and recommendations
to business needs
- Experience with deployment and use of data storage technologies
such as HDFS-based data lake platforms, Azure Synapse Analytics, MS
SQL Server, AWS Redshift, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt new technology
- Can work with data to identify patterns, uses judgment to form
conclusions that may challenge conventional wisdom, and focuses on
the crux of issues to identify high leverage intervention points
- Applies original and innovative thinking to produce new ideas
and create innovative solutions
- Ability to translate complex sequences of technical activity
into repeatable processes
- Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions
to choose the most appropriate one; acts decisively and
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in plain
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel,
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team-oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
environment.Careers and Benefits:To learn more about Smithfield's
benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to
create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job - it's the foundation for a
lifelong career with training designed to help you advance
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive
benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we
operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield Foods:Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936,
Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with
agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 43,000 U.S. team members
and 16,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good
food. Responsibly. -" and have made us one of the world's leading
vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered
sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our
industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S.
company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across
our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of
protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of
millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield
boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as
Smithfield -, Eckrich - and Nathan's Famous -, among many others.
For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect
with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.EEO/AA
Information:Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed
to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender
identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled
individual or any other protected group status or non-job
characteristic as directed by law.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Suffolk , Senior IT Data Solution Architect (Remote Opportunity), Other , Smithfield, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!