Carpenter - Austin Industrial
Company: Austin Maintenance & Construction, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of
wood, plywood, and wallboard, using carpenter's hand tools and
power tools.Must have knowledge of structural design, the ability
to read blueprints, and simple layouts. Must have knowledge of
construction trade, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and
equipment and the ability to read and interpret blueprints. Other
duties may be assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans
to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand
tools, machines, or power saws.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a
safe and clean environment.
- Erect and destruct concrete forms, scaffolding and ramps above
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and
repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Maintain records, document actions, and present written
- Construct forms or chutes for pouring concrete.
- Verify trueness of structure, set grade, check for plumb,
- Mix, transfer and extend materials such as concrete and
- Fabricate and install concrete reinforcing bars.
- Place and finish concrete.
- Maintain clean job site, pick up tools/equipment, secure job
site each day-eliminate potential hazards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Required for this Position:
Education no minimum education
Experience 3-5 years of Journeyman level
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity
employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any
applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national
origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic
information or any other basis protected by applicable federal,
state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of
applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state
and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in
making hiring decisions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Austin Maintenance & Construction, Inc., Suffolk , Carpenter - Austin Industrial, Other , Emporia, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!