IES Commercial, Inc. - Commercial & Industrial Division
Company: Integrated Electrical Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
IES Commercial, Inc. - Commercial & Industrial Division, seeking
a Junior Electrical Construction Estimator, Suffolk, Virginia.
- Prepares cost estimates for all aspects of commercial or
electrical construction projects up to $10M utilizing construction
plans and specifications in accordance with company estimating
guidelines and related industry standards.
- Prepares estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of
- Calculates various statistical data - quantity take-offs,
material price lists, labor costs per man-hour, equipment,
- Researches historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts,
productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compiles summary reports
to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- Participates in developing project update and bid package
- Maintains files of working documents for back-up to estimating
- Assists in monitoring of conceptual estimates with actual cost
- Coordinates total estimating effort relevant to particular
bid/project as assigned.
- Assists with vendor negotiations to insure quality and lowest
cost possible on bid items.
- Supports other department personnel as required, may include
preparing estimates in other disciplines and assisting Project
Managers with job start-up and change-order costs.
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent.
- General knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control, and
- Ability to calculate mathematical extensions, read and
understand engineering drawings, purchase orders, contracts, and
cost coding systems.
- Prior construction estimating, engineering or similar
- Electrical Construction knowledge preferred.
- Strong computer skills, interpersonal relationship skills &
written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as an estimating team member.
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) background check,
and MVR check when responsibilities require operating motor
vehicles, and drug-test as may be required per federal or client
contract, or DOT policy.
Company Overview: IES Commercial, Inc. - Commercial & Industrial
Division, a subsidiary of IES Holdings, Inc. (IES), an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. IES is traded on the
NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. IES Commercial & Industrial operates
diverse business units across the United States, each focusing on
distinct market segments and geographies, with some business units
operating nationally. Safety is Priority One - and our record shows
Benefits: 401(k) Retirement Plan with company discretionary
match, flexible medical-dental-vision insurance,
short-term/long-term disability insurance, basic life/AD&D
insurance and highly competitive pay in addition to paid-time-off
in the majority of business units.
Keywords: Integrated Electrical Services, Inc., Suffolk , IES Commercial, Inc. - Commercial & Industrial Division, Other , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!