Company: Department of Defense
Posted on: June 7, 2021
This position is part of the Organization of the Joint Chiefs of
Staff. The incumbent will be responsible for facilitating key Joint
Command-and-Control operational warfighter linkages between
Command-and-Control data and service objectives and the capability
developers' acquisition, testing, certification, programming and
requirements communities to ensure joint equities are addressed
consistent with Directorate goals and objectives.
Learn more about this agency
As a PROGRAM ANALYST at the GS-0343-14 some of your typical work
assignments may include:
- Performs senior level managerial and operational functions lo
guide, assess, identify and validate Command-and-Control data and
- Conducts Command-and-Control data and service strategy
implementation planning in support of Command-and-Control
capability requirements and Department of Defense-wide
Command-and-Control data interoperability.
- Develops new methods for testing and evaluating the
effectiveness of Command and Control (C2) data and services
interoperability, integration, and Joint Combat Capability
Developer (JCCD) functions.
- Performs risk/benefit, dollar cost/economic analysis in support
of decision making on significant issues.
- Identifies, assesses and prioritizes Joint Command and Control
(JC2) and Global Command and Control Systems (GCCS)- Joint and
Services family of systems (FoS) operational requirements.
- Provides input to joint doctrine, concepts and procedures for
joint warfighters to ensure Command-and-Control integration and
interoperability at the data level from the tactical through the
Occasional travel - you may be expected to travel for this
position able to travel on military and commercial aircraft,
vessels, and/or vehicles
0343 Management And Program Analysis
- Analysts, Cost
- Analysts, Program
- Cost Analysts
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective
- Resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply)
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary
- Work Schedule: Full Time
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Tour of Duty: Flexible
- Recruitment Incentives: May be Authorized
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
- Financial Disclosure: Not Required
- Telework Eligibility: This position is telework eligible,
Eligible for Regular and Recurring Telework
- This position is a TERM NTE 3 yrs, may be extended
- Drug Testing Designated Position: Yes
- Employee may be required to work weekends, holidays and
overtime during peak work periods. Occasional participation in
demanding, intense, 24-hour exercise operations is also required.
Multi-day overnight stays at exercise sites may be required.
- Employee must obtain/maintain a Critical Sensitive (Top Secret)
You may qualify at the GS-14, if you fulfill the following
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade
level in the Federal service:
- Applies administrative laws, policies, regulations, and
precedents to administrating Department of Defense Command and
- Evaluates design and conduct of comprehensive Command and
Control Capability Portfolio Data and Services content and
execution management studies.
- Appraises changes in legislation to change way programs are
carried out, the projected impact upon Command-and-Control
resources; and translating basic legislation into program goals,
actions, and services.
- Compare and Contrast the outcomes of actual events versus
planning events to determine use of military command structure,
missions, programs and organizational relationships.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized
experience for this grade level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace
Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social).
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and
skills and can provide valuable training and experience that
translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for
all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification
Keywords: Department of Defense, Suffolk , Program Analyst, Other , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!