Supply Chain Data Analytics Manager
Company: Smithfield Foods, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Smithfield Foods is a $15 billion global food company and the
world's largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United
States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats
categories with popular brands including Smithfield, Eckrich ,
Nathan's Famous , Farmland , Armour , Farmer John , Kretschmar ,
John Morrell , Cook's , Gwaltney , Carando , Margherita , Curly's ,
Healthy Ones , Morliny , Krakus and Berlinki . Smithfield Foods is
committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains
robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety,
environmental and food safety and quality programs.
As a Manager in the Supply Chain Data Analytics department at
Smithfield Foods you will be responsible for maintaining,
improving, and building new reporting capabilities for the
business. You will provide support for a business tower by
streamlining reporting and building new capabilities. You will
develop a deep understanding of operational processes and needs,
then use technology to deliver impactful reporting solutions. You
will work with teams in various functional areas of the business
and will implement process improvements to streamline the
efficiency and accuracy of the reporting process. You will be
responsible to deliver daily/weekly/monthly reports accurately and
on time. You will also be involved in Ad-hoc analysis of large
datasets to quickly provide insight into the business.
- Conduct meetings with leadership to standardize and improve
- Lead team of analysts to deliver results
- Oversee the delivery of reports Daily/Weekly/Monthly accurately
and on time
- Build Reports and Dashboards in Microsoft Power BI, Analysis
for Office, Bex, and other reporting tools
- Build automated Processes using scripting tools
- Hold training sessions on how to use the various tools and
reports created by the department
- Generate load files for various systems, maintaining system
- Communicate effectively with report stake holders to ensure
strong understanding of the methodology behind all
- Perform adhoc analysis using data from various systems and
explain results of analysis to all levels of management
- Create SOPs and documentation for processes
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year
college or university and 5+ years of relevant experience,
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience in a position of leadership to
include team development and management, required.
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or logistics business
- Proficient with Power BI, Power Pivot, SAP, SAP Analysis for
Office, BPC, Bex Query Designer.
- Proficient in Data analysis in Python using
Pandas/Numpy/Jupyter Notebooks or equivalent technologies.
- Proficient in analyzing data within relational database systems
such as MS Access, MS SQL Server, and MySQL.
- Experience with ETL Tools such as Alteryx, Paxata, DataGuru or
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and business
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with superb
attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly
changing and ambiguous environment.
- Understanding of Windows environment command line tools, .BAT
files, and Task Scheduler.
- Strong leadership and management skills, including driving
operational excellence, and striving for continuous
- Ability to provide clear direction to employees.
- Ability to translate business requirements into an action plan
to deliver reporting solutions.
- Has the creativity to go beyond current tools to investigate
and deliver best solution to the problem.
- Has a passion for working with data and finding solutions to
problems using technology.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and
evaluation for the Supply Chain Data Analytics team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods,
Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a
global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are
dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly." and have made us
one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two
decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious
commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We
believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have
donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in
need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands,
such as Smithfield, Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others.
For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect
with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to
workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender
identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled
individual or any other protected group status or non-job
characteristic as directed by law.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Inc., Suffolk , Supply Chain Data Analytics Manager, Other , Smithfield, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!