Human Resources Manager
Company: Enviva LP
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable
energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy
company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy
solutions. We are the world's largest producer of sustainable wood
pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil
At Enviva, we care about people, forests, and climate change.
Together, we serve our customers with the professionalism of a
global leader and the entrepreneurial spirit of a company that is
redefining the future of renewable energy today.
Enviva is growing fast, and with that growth comes opportunities
to advance your career and have an impact on a global scale. As
leaders in a developing industry, we take on tough challenges and
set and achieve bold goals. Whether you are seeking a role at one
of our plants, ports, or corporate offices, you will find
opportunities to leverage your skills and reach your full
The Human Capital Manager will report to the Regional Human
Capital Manager and will be an integral part of the global team.
The role will be called upon to manage and execute the activities
of the human capital and employee relations function at the
Southampton facility while partnering with other sites on best
practices. The role will implement and manage all human resource
policies, labor and employee relations, benefits administration,
regulatory compliance, performance management and compensation
review. The role will work closely with site leaders to ensure that
Human Capital programs and services are executed to support and
drive key business objectives. Experience with organizational
development is valued since human capital processes require
development and evolution as the company continues to grow.
- Provide hands-on leadership to build and maintain contemporary
human resources practices, processes and systems in support of the
Company's overall competitiveness.
- Monitor the "pulse" of our associates to ensure a high level of
- Implement employee relations strategies designed to create an
environment that drives engagement.
- Investigate associate relations issues, recommend, and execute
- Manage site-level leaves of absence including family medical
leave and short-term disability
- Partner with the site operations team, focusing on solutions
and strong deliverables that drive our key performance
- Participate as an integral member of the site's leadership
team, providing advice, coaching and leadership on all matters
involving human capital.
- Partner with managers to drive performance management and
talent development processes.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent application of policies and
- Source, select, onboard and retain associates.
- Manage day-to-day and higher value Human Capital tasks.
- Partner with Community Relations Manager to build a strong
- Participate in special projects and other Human Capital
initiatives needed to meet overall Company, plant, and department
- Maintain key Human Capital metrics through reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or related
field of study, or an equivalent combination of education and
- 5+ years of work experience in Human Resources.
- Work experience in a manufacturing or similar environment
required (rapid and complex).
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate
with all levels of the business.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- Exercises good judgement with respect to keeping confidential
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to write reports
- Working knowledge of non-exempt and exempt workforce.
- Working knowledge of basic employment laws.
- Proven experience resolving associate relations issues.
- Comfortable with a high-volume workload and not afraid to be
"boots on the ground."
- Able to effectively function as the sole Human Capital
representative at the site-level.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment
opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of
employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or
employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex,
national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry,
marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any
other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in
every location in which we operate.
Keywords: Enviva LP, Suffolk , Human Resources Manager, Other , Franklin, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!