Merchant Implementation & Support Lead
Company: Bank & Investment Group
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Merchant Customer Service:
- Maintain an in depth understanding of the software and
equipment members are using.
- Assist merchants with the implementation of third-party
- Educates customers on product functionality and value to
increase the level of satisfaction and success members
- Act as the point of escalation for customer service
- Work with the member to solve complex onboarding and
- Ensure that obstacles during the onboarding process are
handled, either directly or by bringing to the attention of
- Stay abreast of product and systems developments.
- Researching, troubleshooting, and resolving issues for our
members POS systems.
- Act as an advocate for our customers, report and act on
observed areas for improvement in our product or processes.
- Maintain and control equipment inventory.
- Provide support to new and existing members including
transaction and batch questions, settlement and ACH questions,
statement reviews, troubleshooting merchant equipment, account
balancing, risk reviews, dispute process, and general PCI
- Provide merchant documentation to processor including research
requests, cost analysis and bid requests, equipment orders, coding
requests, and account maintenance forms.
- Process tickets, forms, and applications.
- Download and reprogram merchant terminals and provide on-site
installation and training.
- Assist members and provide general guidance on the use and
functionality of third-party software sold through processor
- Resolve POS gateway and software inquiries.
- Assist members with enrollment on client portal(s), reset
passwords, and answer general questions on functionality of the
- Serve as liaison between member and vendors as necessary.
- Provide clear, prompt, detailed, empathetic, friendly,
professional, personalized, and customer-oriented support
- Promptly answer and return calls providing information about
products and services while obtaining details about questions and
issues to provide assistance and follow up until resolution.
- Monitor the Merchant Support emails inbox and respond
accordingly and promptly.
- Handle member inquiries and complaints with tack and
- Track tickets and member interactions; recording details of
inquiries, issues, complaints, and comments, as well as actions
- Assist with resolving complex member inquiries, issues, and/or
complaints in a timely manner striving for total member
- Adapt easily to change, working in an environment requiring
flexibility to meet unexpected demands.
- Be self-managed to complete the task at hand and proactively
pursue other work as tasks are completed.
- Keep Manager appraised of situations requiring their attention
and escalate unresolved member issues to as necessary.
- Work as part of a highly motivated service and support team
welcoming feedback while contributing to building team spirit.
- Assist and provide direction to other team members as
- Actively seek solutions to customer needs, communicate trends
to Manager, and suggest innovative solutions on behalf of the
- Serve as quality assurance checkpoint, alerting appropriate
parties of any issues or suspected issues.
- Partner with Sales teams to provide product input for POS
- Build a network of support and trust with our awesome merchant
- Enter merchant account data and changes on Bank system.
- Maintain and create merchant reporting as requested.
- Gather and analyze merchant data.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
- Obey all applicable federal laws, rules, and regulations
relating to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) including the Bank Secrecy
Minimum Required Skills and
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills are
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skillspatience, understanding and
empathy for the customer.
- Team player; results-driven, data-gathering problem
- Driven to dig into the details of an issue or process to solve
- Proactive and takes ownership of tasks and issues and follows
through to resolution.
- Conduct extensive research and follow-up on concerns raised by
- Strong organizational skills.
- Advanced computer skills (Excel (formulas & pivot tables, Word
(form creating), Power Point, Adobe, and Outlook).
- Strong Interest and aptitude for technology and professional
- Continuous development of payments industry knowledge and
awareness of technology trends in payments.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines in a
- Able to efficiently manage multiple tasks at the same time and
utilize personal judgment to take initiative.
- Extensive experience within the merchant industry.
- 5+ years of banking experience.
Desired Skills and
- Proficiency with existing banking systems.
- Experience in a sales environment.
- Bachelors Degree.
Physically you can anticipate to:
- Express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word via email
- Exert up to/carry 25 pounds of force occasionally, use your
arms and legs, and sit
most of the time.
- Vision, hearing, speech, and manual dexterity sufficient to
reach/handle items and
work with fingers is required. Have close visual acuity to perform
activities such as
analyzing data, viewing a computer terminal, reading, and
- Not be substantially exposed to adverse environmental
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Bank & Investment Group, Suffolk , Merchant Implementation & Support Lead, Other , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!