Posted on: May 3, 2021
SAIC is seeking a Senior Network Engineer for a multi-year
contract supporting our Joint Staff J6 government customer. The
ideal candidate will have experience on a Joint, Service or
combatant command operational staff providing design,
implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting functions for
physical and virtual voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data
communications networks in the areas of command and control, fires,
and or common operational picture.
This position is at the Joint Staff Complex, Suffolk, VA. The
position supports the JS J6 Deputy Director for Cyber, and Command,
Control, Communications and Computers Integration (DD C5I) in the
Cyber, Engineering and Operations Division. Work would be on-site
at the Suffolk, VA location. Travel would be approximately 20%
supporting exercises and assessments. (Network planning
implementation and support).
- Plan network topologies, install components, and configure
services to meet project requirements.
- Analyze networks during project events, to include
connectivity, traffic, capacity, and performance.
- Maintain networks between project events, to include daily
operation checks, log reviews, patches, updates, upgrades, security
configurations, and corrective actions.
- Implement DISA STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guide)
requirements for device operating systems, services, and
- Physically install devices in equipment racks and user
- Travel (Approximately 20%) in support of project events.
- Experience managing Cisco devices, such as Adaptive Security
Appliance (ASA) firewall, Flex VPN devices, and/or Dynamic
Multipoint VPN (DMVPN).
- Experience in applying security policies and controls (802.1x,
ACS, STIGs, encryption devices).
- Experience with IP routing protocols (including OSPF, BGP,
EBGP, IBGP, BSR, and MPLS), switching, and multicast.
- Proficiency with Firewalls and IP Tables.
- Familiarity with DoD Port, Protocols, and Services
- Experience with virtualization techniques, such as simulating a
hardware, systems, storage, or network resources.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5) years of experience, Masters and three
(3) years of experience.
- Must be certified DOD 8570.1-M IAT Level 2 (current baseline
security and operating environment certifications).
The following experience qualifications may be concurrently
obtained and must have been obtained within the past eight (8)
- Five (5) years' experience working in highspeed communications,
communications engineering, teleconferencing, and video
teleconferencing procedures using commercial and military
communications equipment, techniques, and protocols.
- Three (3) years' experience interfacing computer equipment with
Ethernet (wired and wireless / 10M to 10G), Fibre Channel,
satellite, ATM, SONET, and T1 and higher conventional and fiber
- Three (3) years' experience working with bridges, hubs,
routers, switches, tunneling techniques, trunking modems,
multiplexers, and military and commercial encryption devices
(hardware and software based).
- Three (3) years' experience integrating, configuring, working
in the areas of communication design, installation, and maintenance
of local area networks using workstations, servers, gateways, hubs,
routers, bridges, ATM switches and other data communications
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including
Project, and Visio
- Experience in designing data communications networks,
federating networks, and implementing VLAN separation.
- Experience with wireless networks, radio frequency spectrum,
and/or satellite communications.
- Experience with DoD cyber operations (USCYBERCOM, Navy Fleet
- Active Secret clearance, able to obtain Top Secret
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's
modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across
defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end
solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate
the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem
to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500
strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by
opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual
revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or
Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity
Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion,
sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse,
inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
Keywords: SAIC, Suffolk , Network Engineer, Other , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!