Company: Koch Industries, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Georgia Pacific has an opportunity for an HR Generalist to work
in partnership with supervisors and employees within our Plywood
division. This role will be part of the team that provides HR
support to a unionized facility with 450 employees.
This position will be key in moving us along in our HR
transformation journey. While learning the business, your
contribution will be at an HR generalist level and as our model
transforms, your contribution will shift to helping our employees
and supervisors create value in our MBM culture through
transformation and self-actualization.
This position will require that you live in the local Emporia,
VA area or be willing to relocate.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Building Our Culture & Business Partnerships
- Build credibility and trust with the workforce and
- Ability to influence others without authority.
- Understand and apply MBM to coach employees and
- Apply judgement based on knowledge and discernment.
- Develop business acumen to understand key drivers of business
performance and support delivering results.
- Drive innovation in HR functions and processes. Support
- Investigating questions and/or grievances; resolving employee
relations issues and using each complaint/issue as an opportunity
to understand the true root cause and develop a plan to
Advancing Our Talent Position
- Partner with various capability teams to improve our talent
- Own hourly staffing: forecasting, staffing plan execution,
onboarding effectiveness, and maintain employee files
- Support performance management and Supervisor development
Drive Process Excellence
- Identify HR Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to
address risks while implementing a systematic approach to
- Optimize risk to the company by effectively interpreting
current policies and practices while identifying opportunities to
drive standardization and eliminate waste.
- Work with a platform mindset to build processes that are
repeatable across plants and allows for remote support.
Deliver on Business Objectives
- Creating solutions that support/enable teams to deliver on
- Thrives in a fast pace changing environment while meeting
internal and external customer needs.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to engage with operations and leadership team
- Self-motivated to embrace/define/drive continuous improvement
in how you and the HR team serves the business.
- Results oriented person with excellent communication skills,
initiative and personal accountability.
- Ability to challenge leaders, confident and well-versed in
moving the facility along with the company's vision.
- Sound judgement and problem solving
- Customer-focused attitude, with a high level of professionalism
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or 2 years of either HR experience or
Training & Development. Consideration will also be given to
participants in the GP HRA Program.
- Experience with supporting business and company changes.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience working in a unionized manufacturing or
- Expertise in HR polices and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of hiring processes.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft office
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment
are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website
for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Keywords: Koch Industries, Inc., Suffolk , HR Generalist, Other , Emporia, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!