IT cybersecurity Specialist (sysadmin/InfoSec)
Company: Department of Defense
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the
Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be
converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a
position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Full Performance
Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure.
Learn more about this agency
- Developing standards and criteria for assessing storage array
performance, availability, and capacity or configuration problems;
maintaining storage array integrity and availability.
- Designing, setting up, configuring, and maintaining cloud and
- Reallocating resources as they become available, optimizing
systems performance, recommending additional components to improve
overall performance, and optimizing the functionality of fiber
channel networks and storage systems.
- Evaluating and recommending selection of new systems diagnostic
tools; diagnosing and recovering failed systems.
- Managing the installation of software and hardware, systems
fixes, updates and enhancements and resolving installation
- Identifying and mitigating security vulnerabilities and risks;
ensuring the rigorous application of information
security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices
in the delivery of system administration services.
- Overseeing the management of accounts, network rights, and
access to systems and equipment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
2210 Information Technology Management
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from
- This national security position, which may require access to
classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and
security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to
maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
- Drug testing may be required.
- Shift work may be required.
- Recall/On Call 24/7 may be required.
- Rotating shifts may be required.
- Information Assurance Certification may be required.
- Security clearance with either be Secret or Top Secret.
In order to qualify for this position, you must meet the
requirements described below.
Attention to Detail
To qualify at the GG-12, your resume must describe at least one
year of experience that demonstrates the competencies necessary for
immediate success in the position. Experience refers to any paid or
unpaid experience, including volunteer work and Military service,
that would be considered equivalent to work normally performed at
the next lower grade level in the federal service. For this
position, qualifying experience is defined as: installing and
configuring commercial off the shelf software and hardware products
in a server environment.
Candidates must describe how they meet the qualifying experience
and/or selective placement factor(s) within the body of their
resume. All qualifications must be met within 30 days after the
closing date of this announcement.
There is no substitution of education for the qualifying
experienceat the GG-12 grade level
Keywords: Department of Defense, Suffolk , IT cybersecurity Specialist (sysadmin/InfoSec), Other , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!