Site WHS Manager
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Site Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) Manager will be
responsible for partnering with a site operations team in a
Fulfillment Center to execute company WHS policies and ensure
compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By
leveraging lean principles and Kaizan's, you will lead continuous
improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in
our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment
for our Associates. A successful Site WHS manager will demonstrate
the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team
and inspire change through providing comprehensive risk assessments
and WHS data analysis.
The Site WHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send
clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in
writing. You will instruct and train Operations Leaders in Amazon
WHS policies and assist the operations site teams in incorporating
our WHS standards at their site. You will work to identify best
practices and incorporate these standard methodologies into our
standards to continuously improve the WHS landscape. The Site WHS
will possess excellent WHS program knowledge as well as Workplace
and ergonomic knowledge and be able demonstrate this expertise when
working with Operations.
The Site WHS Manager will lead a team of hourly WHS team
members: WHS Specialist, WHS Coordinators, and Onsite Medical
Representatives. You will create and execute leadership development
plans for your WHS Associates on the team. They will communicate
WHS team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to
their WHS teams and ensure they are executing the core competencies
of an Amazon WHS professional.
Site WHS ManagerResponsibilities:
- Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations
and company policy.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all
applicable Amazon WHS Policies.
- Measure sites' performance against published requirements in
WHS policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to
implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
- Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
- Analyze WHS metrics and review incident weekly and monthly
incident trends to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of
appropriate resources to areas where the WHS risk is highest.
- Perform frequent site WHS audits to identify all non-compliance
equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to
eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other
- Audit record-keeping practices and Global WHS Database entries
to be aligned with global WHS standards and local regulations.
- Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to
ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and
- Lead and mentor WHS Associates in your assigned FC.
- Spend time at the fulfillment centers and seek input from WHS
teams, Associates and leaders on WHS program improvement
opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and
resolution against these suggestions.
- Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and
knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit
the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer),
and effectiveness of all required WHS training.
- 6+ years of growing responsibilities in EHS or WHS and/or
Workplace programs in manufacturing, production, or service
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement
in an operational environment.
- Experience leading multiple direct reports and/or multiple
- Bachelor's degree in safety, environmental, ergonomics or a
related field required, or 2+ years Amazon work experience
- Experience with OSHA and other health and WHS regulatory
- Must be flexible regarding shifts
- Distribution Center or Manufacturing WHS experience with mix of
exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
- Certified EHS/HSE/WHS Professional preferred
- OSHA certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
comfort collaborating with site leaders
- Ability to develop and implement department goals and
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing
circumstances, direction, and strategy
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive
health care, 401(k), stock based awards, growth potential, and a
challenging and exciting work environment.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Suffolk , Site WHS Manager, Other , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!