Director, Talent Acquisition and Diversity & Inclusion
Company: Smithfield Foods, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Director of Talent Acquisition and Diversity & Inclusion
will implement a world class talent attraction function for
Smithfield. The primary focus will be on developing the overall
Talent Acquisition strategy to include the creation of formal
processes and procedures, building executive and field leadership
capabilities and establishing employment branding. This person will
be responsible for the ongoing effort to discover talent, build a
strong talent acquisition culture, manage day to day tasks, and
ensure a consistent experience for both candidates and internal
business partners. This person will need a sharp eye for talent and
a commitment to help them find success in our company.
- Creates and leads recruitment and engagement initiatives to
procure talent for placement in exempt and non-exempt positions
across our organization to ensure Smithfield's hiring and placement
objectives are achieved.
- Develop and implement innovative, creative, high-impact talent
development, recruiting and retention strategies that enable
outstanding organizational performance across the
- Design company policies that reinforce diversity in the
workplace and protect minority groups and women.
- Measure and forecast diversity metrics.
- Act as a consultant to underrepresented groups and make sure
all voices are heard.
- Researching and advising on diversity and inclusion issues and
creating programs, training and values around this.
- Organizing the disability services and corresponding affected
areas i.e. recruitment.
- Supporting and guiding the recruitment team to create a brand
that appeals to diverse applicants and removes bias.
- Identifying external trends and recognizing best practice which
will increase diversity among the workforce.
- Maintaining relationships with diversity related businesses,
with the intention of working together and improving our company
- Seeks out new and creative ideas to proactively attract
candidates and build talent networks and pipelines. This may
include social and professional networking sites, resume mining,
outreach efforts, career fairs, website postings, special
recruiting events and other advertisements as needed.
- Evaluates results of outreach efforts on a consistent basis.
Understands impacts to results and makes necessary course
corrections and adjustments to ensure objectives are timely
- Screens, selects and schedules candidates to interview. Makes
selection recommendations and decisions for new employees and
extends employment offers to candidates. Strives to meet diversity
hiring and affirmative action goals throughout the Talent
Acquisition process and positively impacts time to fill rate and
quality of hire.
- Utilizes applicant tracking system to create and maintain
requisition information, job posting and outreach details and
documents talent flow and candidate dispositions. Maintains
metrics, analyzes data and creates reports to identify trends and
opportunities to improve our talent acquisition processes and
maintain requisite Affirmative Action data. Drive compliance with
local government regulations and data integrity of ATS system
through accountability, process design, training and
- Assess and identify opportunities in talent acquisition
processes and tools to simplify the talent acquisition, hiring
manager, and candidate experiences that lead to more efficient and
effective recruiting, screening, and selection process while
ensuring data integrity, reporting, and compliance with legal and
- Facilitate effective talent acquisition discussions with
leaders and help them forecast their talent needs in line with
- Partner with staff including HR Business Partners and HR
Centers of Excellence to implement key programs vital to process
- Educates hiring managers and other employees about role
requirements to ensure successful recruitment and placement of
diverse qualified candidates into the Smithfield organization.
- Develops training or skill transition programs such as
internships or On-the-Job training programs where applicable that
help foster development and employment of veterans, minorities, and
females or others who can transition into roles to fill key skill
gaps in the future.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year
college or university and 10+ year's related experience and/or
training, or equivalent combination of education and experience,
- Minimum 8+ years' experience in a position of leadership to
include team development and management, required.
- Minimum of 5+ years' direct experience in the full life cycle
of recruiting, required.
- M.A., M.S., or M.B.A. degree in related field (ex: HR
- PHR/SPHR certification, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Federal and state labor laws.
- Excellent computer skills. Requires intermediate to advanced
skills in Word and PowerPoint. Must have advanced skills in Excel
to effectively deliver recruiting analytics.
- Experience managing recruiting in an organization of at least
- Outstanding ability to communicate at all levels in the
organization, including front-line through Executive
- An astute business-focused mind with the ability to think
creatively to arrive at solutions.
- Outstanding organizational and project management abilities,
excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, as
well as strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
- Ability to be receptive and persuasive throughout all levels of
- A strong understanding of applicable Recruiting
- High energy style, flexible and adaptive, with the ability to
work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
- Must be able to travel approximately 25% of the time, at times
during the year travel could exceed 50%.
- Provides leadership and guidance to Talent Acquisition
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods,
Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a
global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are
dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly." and have made us
one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two
decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious
commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We
believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have
donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in
need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands,
such as Smithfield, Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others.
For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect
with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to
workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender
identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled
individual or any other protected group status or non-job
characteristic as directed by law.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Inc., Suffolk , Director, Talent Acquisition and Diversity & Inclusion, Other , Smithfield, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!