Senior Occupational Medical Manager
Company: Smithfield Foods, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Senior Occupational Medical Manager (OMD) directs the design
and implementation of occupational medicine service offerings that
support the needs of the workers.
- Ensures an adequate and comprehensive staff of licensed medical
professionals to support first aid and emergency care
- Develop objectives and action plans for continuous improvement
of medical systems and staff
- Coordinate training for recertification programs (First Aid /
CPR, Bloodeborne, AED)
- Establish and maintain physician authorized medical
- Conduct site inspections of clinics and procedures
- Assist management personnel in meeting their obligations under
the relevant Occupational Health Safety, such as ongoing
- Make organizational decisions and implement policies that will
foster best patient care in accordance with local, state, and
federal guidelines and regulations
- Analyze occupational related cost and case rates, reports
trends and status to management
- Maintains working relationships with local communities and
governments to ensure current issues are addressed and that the
needs of the working communities are met
- Coordinate with Workers Compensation team to establish risk
- Establish and maintain medical related programs such as
Physical Therapy, Hearing Conservation, and Physician alliances at
- Develops programs, guidelines, and standards for occupational
service delivery that supports the organization's overall
- Oversee and coordinate standardizing of purchasing
- Coordinate with Wellness Group and establish programs to
improve overall worker health
- Manage the coordination of Pandemic Planning strategies
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year
college or university in Nursing (BSN) and 8+ years of progressive
safety related experience; or equivalent combination of education
and experience, required.
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in a position of leadership to
include team development and management, required.
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN), preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with demonstrated
multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail, innovation and ability to operate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
- Occasional travel up to 25% of the time.
- Provides leadership and guidance to medical staff throughout
our production facilities.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics & physical demands
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily a Corporate working environment. When in the plant,
the environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather
related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near
moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles,
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can
be loud when in the plant production area.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods,
Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a
global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are
dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly." and have made us
one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two
decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious
commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We
believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have
donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in
need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands,
such as Smithfield, Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others.
For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect
with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to
workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender
identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled
individual or any other protected group status or non-job
characteristic as directed by law.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Inc., Suffolk , Senior Occupational Medical Manager, Other , Smithfield, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!