Company: Koch Industries, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Safety Coordinator at the Emporia,
VA facility. As a Safety Coordinator, you will provide leadership,
strategic direction, and counsel to the facility. Safety
Coordinators ensure facility Health and Safety (H&S)
activities, systems, and plans effectively to drive H&S
performance and meet or exceed business and company H&S
objectives and requirements.
The ideal candidate will embrace change, possess strong
interpersonal skills, and the capacity to balance multiple
priorities. This position requires strong verbal and written
communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate
with a wide variety of audiences. The successful candidate must be
self-motivated, have sound decision making skills, strong
organization skills, and the ability to lead a team to maintain and
improve facility safety performance.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing support to the Safety Manager and leadership team to
achieve the H&S vision through management commitment and
employee ownership and engagement
- Assisting (establishes and sustains) H&S ownership by the
line organization by providing support and understanding of the
H&S Management Systems
- Participating in the case management process for facility
incidents and injuries
- Serving as a point of contact for all team members to
understand and support H&S daily activities
- Participating in the development and implementation of risk
assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and
- Providing support in the development, improvement, and
implementation of training systems to meet facility needs
- Conducting Safety & Health training to employees, contractors,
etc. as required
- Utilizing training and development plans to grow H&S skills
- Managing day-to-day compliance activities to effectively
communicate regulatory and technical knowledge to operations and
- Providing coaching and mentoring to facilitate safety ownership
on the line level.
- Developing systems/methods for identifying hazards and
evaluating risk in existing and future equipment, processes,
operations (i.e. risk assessments, near misses, etc.)
- Prescribing control solutions to eliminate hazards and causes
of loss events and to reduce the chance of loss when hazards cannot
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelors of Science or higher in Safety, Industrial Hygiene,
Engineering, or 4 years of work experience
- One (1) year or more of Health and Safety experience in an
industrial or manufacturing environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment
are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website
for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Keywords: Koch Industries, Inc., Suffolk , Safety Coordinator, Other , Emporia, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!