Posted on: May 3, 2021
SAIC is seeking a Project Engineer supporting our Joint Staff J6
government customer in Suffolk, VA.
The C5AD Project Engineer performs Project Engineering
activities and coordination for Information Technology services
including planning, data collection, and reporting phases of
assessment or demonstration project events.
- Exercise technical project management skills such as defining
engineering resource requirements for systems and network
integration, architecting system interface, supporting validation
and verification, monitoring and analyzing system and network
- Coordinate between the assessment team analysts and engineering
- Understand project objectives and timeline; communicate
progress, issues, and results
- Develop project resource estimates using basic project
management techniques to comprise functional team labor hours,
travel, materiel procurements (hardware, software, and/or
maintenance), and miscellaneous costs
- Develop project execution schedule to comprise planning, build,
event execution, and tear-down tasks; use basic project management
techniques to backward-plan task accomplishment according to
intermediate milestones and overall deadlines
- Employ typical project management tools and theory to
efficiently accomplish project objectives (e.g., labor estimates,
task analysis, task duration estimates, schedule deconfliction,
customer communications, team leadership, plans of action and
milestones, risk mitigation, lessons learned, etc.)
Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or related technical
discipline and two years of experience.
- Educational equivalency for this position is defined as at
least eight (8) years' experience in the analysis of large-scale
systems design and management.
- Must meet at least two of the following and experience must
have been obtained within the past five (5) years:
- Must demonstrate the capability of independent project work and
possess as a minimum three (3) years of systems/project
engineering/project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience with state-of-the art data processing
and telecommunication systems (less than two years old) analysis
and design of advanced technologies.
- Five (5) years' experience in the application of computer
models and simulations used for operational planning.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's
modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across
defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end
solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate
the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem
to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500
strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by
opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual
revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or
Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity
Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion,
sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse,
inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
Keywords: SAIC, Suffolk , Systems Engineer, Other , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!