IT cybersecurity Specialist (CUSTSPT/InfoSec)
Company: Department of Defense
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the
Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be
converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a
position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Full Performance
Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure.
Learn more about this agency
- Coordinates, executes, implements, and maintains the
installation and operation of customer application systems.
- Resolves the complete range of problems within the scope of
- Provides advice and assistance to customers and troubleshoots
the most complex problems.
- Develops and manages customer performance requirements and
customer support policies and procedure.
- Reviews technical and design specifications to address customer
- Develops, updates and maintains a comprehensive database of
technical and corresponding resolutions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
2210 Information Technology Management
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from
- This national security position, which may require access to
classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and
security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to
maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
- Drug testing may be required.
- Shift work may be required.
- Recall/On Call 24/7 may be required.
- Rotating Shifts may be required.
- Information Assurance Certification may be required
- Security clearance will either be Secret or Top Secret
In order to qualify for this position, you must meet the
requirements described below.
Attention to Detail
To qualify at the GG-12, your resume must describe at least one
year of experience that demonstrates the competencies necessary for
immediate success in the position. Experience refers to any paid or
unpaid experience, including volunteer work and Military service,
that would be considered equivalent to work normally performed at
the next lower grade level in the federal service. For this
position, qualifying experience is defined as: troubleshooting
computer problems to minimize customer interruption and developing
user instruction manuals.
Candidates must describe how they meet the qualifying experience
and/or selective placement factor(s) within the body of their
resume. All qualifications must be met within 30 days after the
closing date of this announcement.
There is no substitution of education for the qualifying
experienceat the GG-12 grade level
Keywords: Department of Defense, Suffolk , IT cybersecurity Specialist (CUSTSPT/InfoSec), Other , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!