Telecommunications Engineer (Job #6228)
Posted on: January 30, 2019
SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Telecommunications Engineer for our client in the Virginia Beach, VA area.
Telecommunications engineers work with a variety of hardware and software that connect people through digital networks. They repair, install, and configure telecommunications technology, including voice and data systems. Telecommunications engineers also maintain, train, and provide consultation for communication networks, preparing reports that inform clients of the capabilities of a system. In addition, they implement backup systems in order to ensure a minimal loss of data and functionality if something goes wrong. Other duties include system design, monitoring, performance analysis, and security considerations.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
* Telecommunication engineers must know how to use and support telecommunication equipment.
* They must identify, assess, and find solutions to the various technical problems.
* They must also be able to anticipate problems in services and equipment and be ready with solutions even before they occur.
* They must visit and inspect sites regularly to see if any repair is required.
* The engineers must also give approval to the quality of the equipment and notify the concerned authorities if any change is needed.
* They must be able to promptly work in emergencies and be equipped to handle disruptions of service.
* They should know how to design and create telecommunications systems.
* Telecom engineers must be aware of government and company standards and procedures and apply or follow them accordingly.
* College degree in a related field and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
* Must be self-motivated to obtain training, seminars, webinars, etc., for new products and services pertaining to the Telecommunications market demands.
* Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
* Strong interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and proven analytical skills.
* Highly self-motivated and direct.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
* Strong customer service oriented.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Skills and Specifications:
* Cloud based voice solutions
* SIP Trunking
* Mitel! Toshiba Switch Platform
* Microsoft Lync
* PRI / Tl Knowledge
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia, Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local government sectors.
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT Consulting
Keywords: , Suffolk , Telecommunications Engineer (Job #6228), IT / Software / Systems , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!