SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Telecommunications
Engineer for our client in the Virginia Beach, VA area.
Telecommunications engineers work with a variety of hardware and
software that connect people through digital networks. They repair,
install, and configure telecommunications technology, including
voice and data systems. Telecommunications engineers also maintain,
train, and provide consultation for communication networks,
preparing reports that inform clients of the capabilities of a
system. In addition, they implement backup systems in order to
ensure a minimal loss of data and functionality if something goes
wrong. Other duties include system design, monitoring, performance
analysis, and security considerations.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
* Telecommunication engineers must know how to use and support
* They must identify, assess, and find solutions to the various
* They must also be able to anticipate problems in services and
equipment and be ready with solutions even before they occur.
* They must visit and inspect sites regularly to see if any repair
* The engineers must also give approval to the quality of the
equipment and notify the concerned authorities if any change is
* They must be able to promptly work in emergencies and be equipped
to handle disruptions of service.
* They should know how to design and create telecommunications
* Telecom engineers must be aware of government and company
standards and procedures and apply or follow them accordingly.
* College degree in a related field and/or 5 years equivalent work
* Must be self-motivated to obtain training, seminars, webinars,
etc., for new products and services pertaining to the
Telecommunications market demands.
* Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical
documentation and procedure manuals.
* Strong interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and
proven analytical skills.
* Highly self-motivated and direct.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
* Strong customer service oriented.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
Skills and Specifications:
* Cloud based voice solutions
* SIP Trunking
* Mitel! Toshiba Switch Platform
* Microsoft Lync
* PRI / Tl Knowledge
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia,
Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over
twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT
solutions for customers in the commercial, and state and local
*Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT