Navy IW Mission Essential Task List (METL) Developer
Company: Frontier Technology Inc.
Posted on: January 13, 2020
FTI is a trusted source for using innovation to deliver informed,
productive, & secure solutions within the federal government
sector. We are looking for expert support and subject matter
expertise for UNTL-based METL development and maintenance support
with demonstrated experience and knowledge.
* Review existing policy and doctrine to validate specified and
implied tasks for each mission supporting IW syndicate
* Development of Temporal, Informational, and Spatial View
Operations Templates to provide a graphical depiction of the
activities performed by NAVIFOR commands
* Provide horizontal and vertical task linkages across the levels
of war based on tasks required to be performed to implement
Operation Plans (OPLANs), concept plans (CONPLANs), execute mission
orders, or provide capabilities in support of Information Warfare
(IW) missions captured via graphical and written descriptions
supporting the three step METL development process defined by the
* Provide analytical support for selecting or developing
performance standards consistent with operational commander s
intent and Concept of Operations (CONOPs) for a mission.
* Validate the decisive factors for mission essentiality from the
perspective of the operational commander to understand if tasks are
operationally relevant and provide valid information on unit
readiness to perform a mission essential task.
* Facilitate development of Mission Models per USFFC Primary Review
Authority (PRA) refinement tasking for all NAVIFOR subordinate
* Provide mission threads using universal object-oriented modeling
to represent specific parts of overall missions following
completion of mission analysis to support assembling Master
Scenario Event List (scenarios) supporting Naval Warfare Training
Plan (NWTP) development.
* Support improvement to the NAVIFOR UNTL-based mission analysis
technical report template that supports explicit output of METL
development efforts and serves as a baseline reference for annual
* Facilitate the NAVIFOR METL review Standard Operating Procedure
to coordinate review and revision of METLs across stakeholders
internal and external to NAVIFOR to include changes to a METL in
NTIMS in the role of Plan Editor, Requirements Editor, or User
Group Analyst as required to support NMETL and NWTP development and
* Education - Bachelor s Degree.
* Years of experience In addition to education requirements above,
the UNTL-based METL Development and Maintenance Support must have a
minimum of five (5) years experience supporting both METL annual
review required by COMPACFLT/ COMUSFLTFORCOMINST 3501.3 (Series),
Fleet Training Continuum Instruction, and METL development per
OPNAVINST 3500.38C, UNTL Manual, along with experience with Mission
Analysis in the context of METL development and execution per
OPNAVINST 3500.38C, UNTL Manual definition of mission analysis as
the first step of METL development.
* Experience in the application of DoDAF to create a coherent model
of an enterprise architecture to enable to enable stakeholder to
focus on specific areas of interest in the context of a resource
management and readiness generation enterprise.
* Experience in process analysis methodologies to capture current
state processes and deliver graphical representations to inform
* Certifications - None.
* Skills / tools / programming competency / technical background
Microsoft Project, executive administration, meeting minutes,
agendas, excellent oral and written communication skills,
analytical problem-solving skills, responsive in planning and
* Must be a U.S. citizen with an Active TOP SECRET/SCI
FTI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, gender identity, protected Veteran status or any other
factor protected by law.
Keywords: Frontier Technology Inc., Suffolk , Navy IW Mission Essential Task List (METL) Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!