Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Our client, a large multinational Food & Beverage Manufacturing company, is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager for a 6+ month contract with the opportunity for an extension. The position is located in Fair Lawn, NJ.
By working for our client, you will be exposed to a large multinational food & beverage conglomerate, work for one of the most financially stable companies within the U.S., a public company traded on NASDAQ, a firm which employees over 23,000 employees, work in a fast paced corporate environment.
Duration: 3+ months
Pay: $20.00 - $27.00/HOUR
Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
Under the direction of the Plant Human Resources (HR) Manager, the Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the day to day administration of HR policies and programs. The Generalist performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employee communications and engagement, recruitment and staffing, compliance and benefits administration. In this role, you will be asked to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for yourself, and have the ability to effect business goals and partner/participate in company-wide HR projects.
Key Components of the role
- This role provides Support HR team and client on human resource processes, including the following: workforce planning, annual reviews (performance/succession planning), compensation administration, organizational change/effectiveness, implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean Global Production System, including change initiatives, planning, and facilitation; staffing and pipeline development
- Maintain all employee and applicant documentation as required by company policy and governing agencies.
- Supports the HR team in working with corporate compliance and law department to ensure regulatory compliance in all aspects of HR including assisting in ensuring that the affirmative action program/EEO program is kept current and all compliance record keeping is up to date and accurate.
- Assist in developing and administering appropriate training opportunities that assist employees to further their personal, career, and organizational development. Including conducting orientation for all newly hired employees. Maintain records as needed.
- Assist in managing employee relations by investigating, resolving, and communicating in regards to employee questions, issues, or concerns. Determine and take appropriate action to resolve issues in a timely, appropriate, and confidential manner
- Coordinate and activate employee engagement and communication plans and activities
- Assist in championing employee wellness initiatives and drive through activities, education and awareness.
- Participate in the QRMP yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions.
- Supports efforts to provide a proactive approach to maintaining current union free status or Supports efforts to provide a proactive approach to maintaining constructive relationships with the union including assisting with contractual issues (grievances, arbitrations etc) and negotiations process
- May assist with administration of employee benefits
- May maintain, update, or audit hourly employee work schedules
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university required
- Minimum of one year experience in a Human Resources related profession.
- Possess updated knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- PHR or SPHR certification a plus
- Must have experience with short term disability, and HR employee conflict and resolution.
- Must have experience with FMLA
- Must be able to ensure regulatory compliance
**Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Please submit your resume to be considered for this position by pressing the "SUBMIT RESUME" button below. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position (1-352-585-2109, George.Rogers@kellyfinance.com), however, your resume should be uploaded via the "SUBMIT RESUME" button included within**
Services--, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100--- companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Suffolk , HR Generalist, Human Resources , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!