Military Analyst Trainer, DAG Division Action Group , secret clearance
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 5, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Northrop Grumman is seeking a Military Analyst Trainer DAG
Division Action Group for providing analytics, training, and
feedback as part of the Joint Staff J7, Deployable Training
Division (DTD) Division Action Group (DAG). This position is
located in Suffolk, VA.The successful candidate will support the
DTD in providing a continuum of individual, staff, and collective
joint training to enhance the operational effectiveness of the
current and future Joint Force. The DTD is the vanguard of the
Chairman's Exercise Program (CEP), providing in-stride training
founded in Joint Doctrine but guided by best practices to Combatant
Command, Component Command, and other Joint Force command
- Assist Providing understanding of national-level strategic
policy, and guidance to the operational level of war through
research, participation in national-level exercises, war games, and
real world operation after-action reviews.
- Provide strategic and operational levels of war in one or more
of the following functional areas: command and control;
inter-organization and interagency coordination; operational law
and authorities; current operations and information sharing; and
planning and assessments.
- Participate as a member of the DTD Strategic Cell in Deployable
Training Teams (DTTs) supporting Globally Integrated War Games,
Combatant Command Exercises, and the development of the Joint War
- DTTs are comprised of active duty and civilian Observer
Trainers (OTs) and contract Functional ATs providing training and
feedback to the commanders and their staffs during CEP, joint and
multinational, and mission rehearsal exercises, as well as for
staff assistance visits for named operations.
- Research national strategic documents; historical exercise
documents; real world operations; the operating environment;
command mission, organization, plans, and orders.; and interagency
and coalition policies, strategies, and plans.
- Conduct trend analysis, understand and improve operational to
strategic level communication, provide observation and training,
tie phased operational to strategic thought, and develop
- Ascertain key command challenges at the operational and
strategic levels of war and conduct cross-functional analysis of
information gathered from exercises and training events for the
development of lessons learned, insights, and best practices.
- Contribute strategic thought and executive level writing to the
development of the Commander's Facilitated After-Action Review
(FAAR), Executive Summary Report (ESR), Combined Functional Report
(CFR), and Internal After Action Review (IAAR), post-event debriefs
and summaries, and input to the Joint Lessons Learned Information
- Contribute to drafting and updates of documents, articles, and
periodicals such as "Joint Operations Insights and Best Practices"
and joint functional area focus papers.
- Develop and facilitate seminars for the National Defense
University's Senior Leader Education Program (PINNACLE, CAPSTONE,
and KEYSTONE).Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years of experience or Master's degree
plus 3 years of experience.
- Understanding of national strategic processes.
- Familiar with strategic-level decision makers and operational
- Ability to travel Conus Oconus
- Secret level security clearance, upgradeable to Top
- Thorough understanding of the Joint Planning Process (JPP) or
- Ability to write concisely at an executive level.
- Experience in operational and strategic level deliberate and
crisis action planning.
- Command at the O-6 level or equivalent civilian government
- Combatant Command, Joint Task Force, Division, or Afloat/Wing
- Joint Force Staff College or Service equivalent.
- Experience in preparing and conducting seminars or study groups
for flag officers.
- Executive level experience in a civilian organization may be
considered in lieu of military-specific experience. Salary Range:
$69,300 USD - $103,900 USD Employees may be eligible for a
discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are
designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow
employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President
or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In
addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including
health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings
plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation
and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees
and their families is a top priority. The company encourages
employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S.
Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be
vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious
accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government
action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate
under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Suffolk , Military Analyst Trainer, DAG Division Action Group , secret clearance, Human Resources , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!