School Occupational Therapist (OT)
Company: HealthPRO Management Services, LLC
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Overview Occupational Therapist- OTR, Pediatric School Based Therapy Join our Pediatric School Based Team and use your passion for Occupational Therapy to help make a difference in a child's life!
- School Occupational Therapist position available to begin ASAP!
- Suffolk County Virginia
- Full Time / 7 Hours daily / 35 hours weekly
- Multiple Schools / K-12 th Grade We value our Occupational therapists and their dedication to our mission of making a difference in a child's life. That is why we make it a priority to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Continuing Education and more! HealthPRO--/Heritage is a national leading provider of highly skilled Occupational Therapists and educators. We hire Occupational Therapists who share our vision, work diligently, and provide best practices in Occupational Therapy that will change children's lives for the better. If you are a passionate, talented OT that wants to help children across the country, then maybe it is time to look at our company. The primary purpose of the Occupational Therapy position is diagnostic assessment and therapeutic treatment of pediatric students in a school or home setting with the goal of helping them reach their maximum performance potential within an educational model of practice. Qualifications:
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Must hold a current license to practice in the state of practice
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development Responsibilities:
- Consult and collaborate with School staff and families in regards to cognitive, physical, and motor skill needs face, including but not limited to: Developmental Delays, Social Skills, Sensory Processing Disorders, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, And other Chronic Disorders, Traumatic Brain Injuries, Mental Health and/or Behavioral Issues, Physical Injuries, Spatial Awareness, Neuromotor Dysfunction.
- Conduct initial screenings as well as comprehensive evaluations in the area of occupational therapy to determine students need for services or need of dismissal from services
- Participate in the IEP process in developing present levels of performance, goals and objectives, and treatment recommendations for students qualifying for Occupational Therapy services
- Provide Occupational Therapy sessions through the use of current best practices based on prescribed services in the IEP
- Maintain all documentation required by the district including, but not limited to, daily notes, monthly summaries, and annual IEP's Looking forward to speaking with you! Kerri Ann Kerley, Recruitment - Pediatric Division, School Team Call: Text: Email: Responsibilities --- Conduct Screenings and Assessments --- Deliver Treatment Services --- Maintain Effective Communication, Collaborate with Multiple disciplines to determine best care --- Provide documentation in accordance with company guidelines: Ensure that progress is properly represented in documentation --- Exhibit Professionalism at all times --- Adheres to all policies of company, including job descriptions, certifications requirements, mission statement, HIPAA, confidentiality standards and patient rights. --- Ability to work in a team-like atmosphere, collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of therapists, teaching staff, physicians, social workers and students family members Qualifications --- MS/OTD in Occupational Therapy or BS with equivalent work experience. --- Successful completion of State Certification Examination for Occupational Therapy. --- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development --- Must hold a current license in the state of practice Recruiter : Email Address Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Keywords: HealthPRO Management Services, LLC, Suffolk , School Occupational Therapist (OT), Healthcare , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!