Company: Smithfield Foods
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Job Locations: US-VA-Smithfield (North Plant) Your
Opportunity:Assists in the planning, implementing and evaluating
health maintenance and health education programs in the plant.
Prepares and maintains patient clinical records. Provides
professional medical care for employees for the comfort and
well-being of employees. Follows all necessary protocols under MD
and State Regulations. Conducts hearing tests according to OSHA
regulations. Assists in evaluating the occupational health and
safety efforts and recommends changes. Participates in continuing
education to update knowledge of occupational health and Safety,
including legal regulations applicable to health and Safety.Core
- Assesses employee illness/injuries and administer appropriate
initial and follow up treatment. Makes medical Referrals as
- Completes documentation needed to refer employees to medical
clinic if needed.
- Conducts and sets up employee health initiatives and programs
for employee health.
- Documents treatment, initiates and follows up on workers
compensation claims, initiates accident investigations reports,
establishes and maintains employee health records.
- Completes initial injury documentation with employee and
contacts employee's supervisor to discuss restrictions/issues.
- Takes pictures of the area where injury occurred and get injury
statements for report.
- Updates and files employee paperwork in medical files.
- Performs follow ups with clinic to ensure all necessary
paperwork is completed and filed for workers comp.
- Conducts new hire drug testing, new hire safety training and
assists with monthly safety training for plant personnel when
- Submits injury information and claims into database
- Submits and monitors workers comp paperwork in databases.
- Submits weekly numbers into the EIPMS (SIPS) database.
- Completes and fills out the weekly scorecard report.
- Works on and complete HIRA on tasks inside of the plant with
supervisors and employees.
- Takes EMT classes and courses needed to stay current with EMT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications:To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- EMT Certification; required.
- Current certification in First Aid, CPR and AED.
- Blood Borne Pathogen & CAOHC Certification, preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical equipment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Working knowledge of state workers compensation law.
- Good decision maker and ability to perform in stressful
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual, preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word,
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
environment.Work Environment & Physical Demands:The work
environment characteristics and physical demands described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The majority of the time is spent in an office setting outside
of the production plant. Must be able to work around blood, strong
smells and extreme temperatures. The plant environment will include
wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and
heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts,
exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can
be loud when in the production area.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color
vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, kneel, squat, bend, twist,
use hands to handle, or feel, and talk or hear.Careers and
Benefits:To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to
create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job - it's the foundation for a
lifelong career with training designed to help you advance
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive
benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we
operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield Foods:Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936,
Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with
agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 43,000 U.S. team members
and 16,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good
food. Responsibly. -" and have made us one of the world's leading
vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered
sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our
industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S.
company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across
our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of
protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of
millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield
boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as
Smithfield -, Eckrich - and Nathan's Famous -, among many others.
For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect
with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.EEO/AA
Information:Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed
to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender
identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled
individual or any other protected group status or non-job
characteristic as directed by law.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Suffolk , EMT, Healthcare , Smithfield, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!