Director of Enterprise Technology Solutions
Company: Hampton Roads Transit
Posted on: April 25, 2019
Position: Director, Enterprise Technology Solutions Department:
Technology Reports To: Chief Information Officer & Chief Technology
Officer (CIO & CTO) Salary: DOQ The Director of Enterprise
Technology Solutions, under minimal guidance, manages and directs
strategies and staff that provide Business Intelligence services,
rapid application development, project management, enterprise
collaboration tools, business applications and databases. Work
under the direction of the CIO & CTO in the delivery of innovative
solutions to critical challenges facing the agency. Essential Job
Functions: (Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor
to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- In conjunction with CIO & CTO, provides strategic leadership,
vision, and execution of enterprise technology solutions within
business intelligence, agile application and web development,
project management, collaboration, business applications and
- Applies rapid project management and agile application
development method to produce solutions for business units.
- Uses rapid project management and agile process to implement
ideas from prototyping to final solutions. Measure results and
- Establishes and directs repeatable innovation processes with
the goal of harnessing new value added ideas.
- Provides and manages resources provided to Technology
- Establishes priorities based on the agency strategic plan,
budgets and timelines for responsible processes.
- Develops and implements annual training goals for team.
- Develops and manages the department budget as well as procuring
and managing all software maintenance and support contracts. Leads
and provides vision, analysis, design, construction, and
implementation of business applications. Manage large and complex
- Establishes priorities based on the strategic plan, budgets and
timelines for all business application projects. Provides and
manages resources provided to projects.
- Manages service contracts for contract staff supporting various
business applications. Assures contracted personnel maintain high
customer service levels and support Information System's service
level agreements with agency users. Provides ongoing evaluation of
contract staff performance.
- Directs the maintenance and functionality of assigned Legacy
systems. Works with project teams to ensure smooth transition of
Legacy systems to new applications.
- Develops/reviews detailed project plans using structured
methodologies for business applications projects. Coordinates with
other Technology teams on the implementation of these
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the
Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job
- Possession of strong cross departmental negotiation and
conflict management skills.
- Working knowledge experience with vendor and contract
- Structured analysis, design and implementation
- Technology project management and the budgeting process,
business user needs and requirements gathering, documentation and
translation into viable business solutions.
- Structured analysis, design, construction and implementation
methodologies; project management techniques and business
application concepts and development.
- Principles of traditional and agile application design,
development, quality assurance and deployment.
- Principles of innovation processes.
- Lead and direct a large staff consisting of agency staff and
outside contracted professionals.
- Translate business needs into innovative data analysis and
- Manage complex technical projects and contracts.
- Apply practical solutions to long term strategic goals.
- Lead and manage large projects to ensure proper deliverables on
a timely basis.
- Obtain User and Management sign-off for all projects under
- Communicate technology issues into terms well understood by the
business. Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job
Functions: Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed
software applications associated with performance of assigned work
is essential. Basic problem solving skills associated with software
applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job
duties will be evaluated. Training and/or Education: Bachelor's
degree in the area of business, computer science, mathematics or
related field. Knowledge of current technology trends and how it
relates to the business environment. Required Experience: Minimum
of 8 years' progressive experience in the field of technology and
the management of technology teams. Experience in project
management, business intelligence, application development, and
database management is desired. Transit technology experience
preferred and Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
strongly preferred. Licenses or Certificates: Virginia Driver's
License Special Requirements: This position is classified as
essential personnel. Must be able to pass federal government
background screening process for local military installation
access. FLSA Status: Exempt Physical Demands: The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Unusual
Demands: The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a
timely basis. Duties may require some overtime.
Keywords: Hampton Roads Transit, Suffolk , Director of Enterprise Technology Solutions, Executive , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!