Spear Centre Manager River Church Ipswich Suffolk
Company: New Wine Trust
Posted on: May 24, 2023
The Spear Centre Manager will work as part of the River Church staff team to oversee the delivery of Spear-an employability programme equipping and empowering unemployed 16-24 year-olds to overcome barriers to employment and their their lives around by moving into sustainable work or further education. Are you a confident and outstanding coach with excellent leadership and organisational skills, and a passion to work as part of River to transform Ipswich? Then this role could be for you!
Job title: Spear Centre Manager
Department: Social Transformation
Reports to: Church Leaders
Principal location: River Church Ipswich, Key Street, IP4 1BZ
DBS check required: Yes
Special conditions of employment: There is a genuine occupational requirement that the post-holder is a Christian, as permitted under the Equality Act 2010.
Start date: 1st August 2023
Working days/hours: 30 hours (0.8 FTE); primarily Monday-Friday 9:00-5:00pm, with some evening and weekend work on occasion.
Rate of pay: -12.50-13.00 per hour ( -24,375- -25,350 per annum pro rata)
Travel: May be required on occasion
Holiday: 25 days per annum plus bank holidays (pro rata)
Probation period: 6 months
Contract length: 1 year, subject to successful completion of probation period, with potential to become extend or become permanent.
Other expectations: The role holder will need to be available to work some other key dates outside the usual working pattern, such as special services (Christmas, Easter etc.), annual meetings, and Focus (our annual one-week church holiday in the summer). It is expected that staff members will be active members of River Church (i.e., praying, serving, giving and growing as a disciple of Jesus).
Context: River Church currently has 7 staff, plus 3 vacancies, and some River College interns. The church has grown from an initial team of 15 people, to more than 200 (mainly under 35s) in its first 18 months, and we anticipate significant further growth.
- Work with Church Leaders and staff team to establish and effectively run Spear Ipswich, in line with the dream, purpose, and goals of River Church
Partnership liaison and relationship management:
- Establish the primary local referral agencies and build and implement a strategy for developing relationships with them to ensure recruitment of young people onto the Spear programme is effective
- Maintain and develop relationships with local partners to form a strong referral network
Oversight of Spear Programme:
- Spear Foundation is a 4-week initial phase, consisting of 2 group sessions and a 1:1 with each trainee per week, in which we coach young people around skills and mindsets to support them in returning to work or education, and equip them with the skills to stay there.
- As a confident communicator, you will lead group sessions of around 10 young people each, using coaching skills to transform attitudes to their own ability and the workplace, and to raise their awareness and maximise potential in stepping into the world of work
- Prepare and coach group and 1-1 sessions with the Spear Assistant Coach.
- Ensure the programme is delivered in line with agreed targets, and report KPIs on recruitment, retention and completion of Spear Trainees to Resurgo and the Spear Trust, as well as their ongoing progress and sustainment of work or education
Line management and training:
- Manage the Assistant Coach, using a coaching approach to invest in their growth and development
- Be line managed by River Church staff, locally, and by Resurgo, nationally, to support with the set-up and ongoing operations of the centre and report back on KPI
Supporting River Church's mission and ministry:
- You will be required to establish strong relationships with key people at the church to ensure the engagement and backing of church members, and help the Assistant coaches to establish a strong presence at the church to build a network of supporters for the Spear programme
- Ensuring the Spear programme is a key missional feature of the work of the church
- Work with the Head of Operations and Fundraising Assistant to prepare successful grant funding applications for Spear Ipswich, and provide timely grant reporting
- Attend and participate in Staff Meeting, Tuesday morning Prayer Meeting, and Sunday Services (serving on a team at one or more Sunday service)
- Regularly pray for Spear, River Church, and in particular our Social Transformation work
- Attending other River Church events and services, occasionally speaking and/or contributing as required
- Ad hoc tasks and other project work
Site management and set-up:
- Work with River Church to set up the training room and IT infrastructure for the new Spear Centre in advance of opening
- Liaise with relevant staff locally on site issues and work to resolve them as soon as possible, ensuring the office and training room are safe and tidy working spaces in line with health and safety policies30How to apply for the jobPlease note that there is no specified closing date for applications for this role. We reserve the right to close applications and/or shortlist at any time. As such, we recommend applying for this role at your earliest convenience to avoid missing out.
To apply, visit riverchurchipswich.org/vacancies to download and complete the application form and equality and diversity monitoring form, and send these to email@example.com.
For an informal conversation about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.River Church is an HTB Resource Church plant in the centre of Ipswich, Suffolk, with a dream to see Ipswich overflowing with life. We are located in the newly regenerated Waterfront area of Ipswich, a growing town of 180,000 people, close to the up-and-coming University of Suffolk. After 15 months, River Church has seen more than 45 people come to faith in Jesus, and grown to more than 180 people (mainly aged under 35), with three Sunday services. We have exciting plans for growth, leadership development, social transformation (through Love Your Neighbour), and further church plants in the pipeline, so now is the perfect time to join the River Church adventure!River Church is a charismatic evangelical Anglican church, supported by the Church Commissioners' SDF funding, and part of the C of E Suffolk's Inspiring Ipswich church-planting project.
Keywords: New Wine Trust, Suffolk , Spear Centre Manager River Church Ipswich Suffolk, Executive , Suffolk, Virginia
here to apply!