Strategic Sourcing Manager - Hybrid
Company: Smithfield Foods
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Locations: US-VA-Smithfield US-IL-Lisle Your Opportunity:The
Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for the strategic
sourcing of indirect spend categories for Smithfield Foods. This
role will partner with cross functional stakeholders and suppliers
to develop category strategies that deliver value for money, ensure
supply chain continuity, measurable cost efficiencies, innovation
and world class sourcing support to the organization. This role
will leverage procurement expertise, risk management and
relationship management skills.
This is a hybrid position based in Smithfield, Virginia or Lisle,
- Utilizes strategic sourcing methodology to develop category
strategies, source, negotiate contracts and manage suppliers to
deliver total cost of ownership (TCO) models, ensure speed to
market, value creation and risk mitigation. Intimately understands
the category markets and cost drivers.
- Collaborate with other Smithfield stakeholders and departments
to create synergies to drive optimal value to the
- Proactively works with suppliers to ensure the delivery of
continuous improvement and technology which ultimately leads to a
competitive advantage for Smithfield.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for cross-functional
partners across the various types of Corporate Services and
Professional Services (Human Resources, Marketing, Travel,
Sustainability, Facilities, Temporary Labor, etc.)
- Work closely with operations and tactical purchasing teams to
identify cost reduction programs.
- Manage cost model strategies currently in place with key
- Lead cross functional teams through a sourcing and project
management process to support supply management and operations
- Establish and nurture relationships with key business
stakeholders to identify new opportunities for cost savings and
execution of long-term sourcing strategies focused measurable goals
focused and continuous improvement.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications:To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year
college or university and 5+ years of relevant experience; or
equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience in a position of leadership to
include team development and management, required.
- Experienced in contract negotiation, including development of
negotiating plans and strategies across a broad range of Corporate
- Progressive experience utilizing strategic sourcing
- Strong influencer, experience in acting as a lead by providing
training, guidance or mentoring to less experienced staff or
managing processes and projects, required.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or
equivalent experience preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent experience
- Experience with eSourcing tools.
- Excellent PC skills: MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint),
- Ability to demonstrate proven results.
- Experience with "Strategic Sourcing Techniques" such as
managing value stream, lean concepts, contractual alternatives, and
- Strong project management skills in support of cross functional
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
- Must be willing to travel a minimum of 10%Supervisory
- Responsible for supervision of Strategic Sourcing
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.Careers and Benefits:To learn
more about Smithfield's benefits, visit
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to
create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job - it's the foundation for a
lifelong career with training designed to help you advance
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive
benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we
operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield Foods:Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936,
Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with
agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 43,000 U.S. team members
and 16,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good
food. Responsibly. -" and have made us one of the world's leading
vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered
sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our
industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S.
company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across
our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of
protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of
millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield
boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as
Smithfield -, Eckrich - and Nathan's Famous -, among many others.
For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect
with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.EEO/AA
Information:Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed
to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender
identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled
individual or any other protected group status or non-job
characteristic as directed by law.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Suffolk , Strategic Sourcing Manager - Hybrid, Executive , Smithfield, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!