Company: US Facilities Inc
Posted on: March 17, 2023
US Facilities, Inc., a consolidated facility management service
company, is seeking an Engineering Support Position to work on one
of our projects in Southeast Virginia. The successful candidate
possesses the following skills/experience: Scope of Work:
- VDOT employees shall demonstrate behaviors that align with our
culture, position them to make quality contributions, adapt to
shifting priorities, and serve with excellence.
- Safety - VDOT employees are expected to routinely demonstrate
safety behaviors as well as advocate and practice safety in
everyday work activities.
- Communicates Effectively - Communicates one-one, in small or
large groups, among diverse styles and positions at all levels;
attentively listens to others; adjusts to fit the audience and the
message; provides timely and helpful information to others across
the organization; encourages the open expression of diverse ideas
- Collaborates - Works cooperatively with others across the
organization to achieve shared goals; represents own interests
while being fair to others and their areas; partners with others to
get work done; credits others for their contributions and
accomplishments; gains trust and support of others.
- Customer Focus - Gains insight into customer needs; identifies
opportunities that benefit the customer; builds and delivers
solutions that meet customer expectations; establishes and
maintains effective customer relationships.
- Values Differences - Seeks to understand different perspectives
and cultures; contributes to a work climate where differences are
valued and supported; uses diverse experiences, styles, backgrounds
and perspectives of others to get results; respects and is open to
cultural differences, expectations and ways of communicating.
- Nimble Learning - Learns quickly when facing new situations;
experiments to find new solutions; takes on the challenge of
unfamiliar tasks; uses lessons learned from failures and
mistakes.Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Knowledge of Operations Maintenance principles such as data
collection, pavement markings, markers and messages, traffic signs
- Ability to enter timely and accurate data into automated
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Skill in the use of computers and software applicationsCore
- Roadway inventory support for traffic assets - support and
maintain inventory for signs, pavement markings, pavement markers
and guard rail.
- Update database monthly. Transfer data from one data base to
another. Monitor all traffic asset data bases.
- Sign installation support.
- Conduct field reviews.
- Other necessary duties to meet work plan goals.
- Any other duties assigned by a Supervisor or Project
Manager.May be required to perform additional or different duties
from those set forth above to address business needs and changing
business practices. Qualifications: Education:
- High School diploma or demonstrated
- Valid Driver's License in good standing requiredOther
- Flexible schedule (relates to a 24/7/365 operating
- 18 years of age or older
- Drug screening
- Required VDOT/Industry trainingWork Conditions
- 90-day probation period
- Significant all-season/all-hour operating conditions
- May be subject to short or no-notice work assignments
- Work is primarily outside along interstate highways requiring
necessary safety precautions involved in working with electricity
in and alongside traffic
- Fast-paced, multi-tasking environment subject to short or
no-notice work assignments and exposure to inclement weather
- Work environment is informal, both team and autonomy oriented,
having routine tasks with variable pace and pressure
- Weekend, evening, and overtime work may be required. Standing
for prolonged periods of time, walking, lifting, carrying;
frequently reaching, kneeling, climbing, bending, twisting,
crouching, and balancing can be expected
- Monitored performance with routine evaluation
- Hourly Rate $25.00NOTE: This position is designated as
essential and, as such, all duties associated with this job are
required during emergency situations which may include but are not
limited to inclement weather, disaster response and emergency
operations. VDOT/Project Management will determine when essential
positions are required. Valid driver's license is required. DMV
records check is required. Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Fingerprint-based Criminal History Records Check is required. U.S.
Facilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities,
Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities
Keywords: US Facilities Inc, Suffolk , Engineering Technician-28, Engineering , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...