Utility Fumigation Technician
Posted on: February 14, 2020
?Utility Fumigation Specialist??Whether you are importing or
exporting produce, pallets or logs, we have licensed fumigation
experts at major seaports and inland locations across the U.S.?The
work of providing high quality fumigation services aligns with the
broader Ecolab Mission?to take on some of the world?s most
meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe
food, abundant energy and healthy environments.??What?s in it For
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a
growing company that is passionate
- Abundant?advancement?opportunities within the Pest Division and
across broader Ecolab?
- This position offers?paid training?and assistance to obtain all
- Eligible for?benefits DAY 1?of employment for you and your
eligible family members ? Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with
company match and Pension??
- Work collaboratively in a?physically active?environment with a
team of fumigation experts?
- ??What You Will Do:??In this role you will be
trained?appropriately?to perform the following duties:???
- Assist with the complete fumigation process, including but not
limited to sealing, tarping, introduction of fumigant,
conducting?fume readings, and aerating/de-gassing?facilities??
- Use hand-held gas monitoring equipment to conduct
- Read, understand, follow labels,?and?MSDS forms for hazardous
chemicals?used during services provided??
- Effectively communicate with?customers?as needed??
- Inspect, maintain, and utilize Personal Protection Equipment
- Follow proper safety guidelines, including but not limited to
specified Target Solutions training, OSHA mandated guidelines, and
all customer?specified guidelines??
- Other duties as assigned by the?District?Manager or Master
Fumigator II??Minimum Qualifications:??
- High School diploma or equivalent??
- Must be 18 years of age or older??
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable motor vehicle
- Ability?to obtain?required?fumigation certifications and
licenses?pursuant to country or state/local laws?
- Anticipate?50% or more overnight travel?for business during
- Must be able to work an overnight shift?as needed?
- Willingness to be on-call during off work hours and weekends as
- Ability to communicate?effectively in English, verbally and in
- Must pass a background check?
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role???Physical
- Must have the ability?lift, push, pull, and carry up to 70
pounds chest high?
- Must be able to work in a variety of conditions to include
confined spaces, damp and/or dusty locations, freezing and/or hot
- Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the
position which includes the ability to sit, stand, walk, climb,
carry, bend, kneel, crawl, reach, pull, talk, and hear?
- Must be capable of wearing a respirator?
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam?
- This is a full-time position with an expected workweek of 40 or
more hours.???Preferred Qualifications:??
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail??
- Ability to understand product labels, compute and mix?accurate
concentrations of???chemicals, and follow all label
- Ability to use all equipment involved in?fumigation?management
services, including electronic devices for recording and reporting
- Computer Skills:?database software (including industry-specific
software), company network-based and ?cloud?-based applications,
smart phones, Microsoft Office, and other electronic devices used
to access information and enter data??Our Commitment to Diversity
and InclusionAt Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and
inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where
every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed
to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We
recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for
advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job
performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation,
benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we
will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for
employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national
origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age,
disability, or status as a covered veteran.In addition, we are
committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to
fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran
individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where
you can grow your career, own your future and impact what
matters.We will consider for employment all qualified applicants,
including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including
the City of Los Angeles? Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: Ecolab, Suffolk , Utility Fumigation Technician, Engineering , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!