Suffolk Childcare Teacher
Company: Apple Tree Kids
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Description:POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Child
Care Director the Teacher will provide direction for the children
in the classroom, as well as implement program curriculum.
Individual will provide a quality experience to children and
parents that focuses on building achievement and belonging in youth
and relationships among youth and within families.
- Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
Provides activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity,
exploration, and problem solving appropriate to the developmental
levels and learning styles of the children.
- Designs and implements daily lesson/activity plans.
- Supervise children, classroom, playground and all activities,
and on field trips (or any other location on and off-site where the
children may be).
- Provide a safe environment for all activities on and off
- Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each
- Actively communicates with children; provides opportunities and
support for children to understand, acquire and use verbal and
nonverbal means of communicating.
- Conducts parent conferences, and maintains positive
relationships and effective communication with parents. Keep
information about children and families confidential.
- The teacher must be alert, friendly and responsive to children,
parents and co-workers.
- Teacher must enforce safety rules and report/treat/document any
issues or injuries.
- Punctuality and dependability is a must. Attends and
participates in program activities, staff meetings and staff
trainings. Attend special events: Graduation, Christmas
- Willing to work with all age groups, willing to change
classrooms as needed to meet staffing requirements.
- Maintains required program records, maintains program site and
- Furthers the overall mission and goals of Apple Tree Learning
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferred Bachelor's or Associates degree in related field or
equivalent or CDA or 24 hours of Texas A& M courses.
- Have six months of supervised programmatic experience.
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years.
- Requirements within 30 days of hire include completion of: CPR,
First Aid, DHO, Virginia Pre-service Training and Virginia
Pre-service Training Update (within a year of original
- Positive role model with strong leadership, conflict
resolution, and supervisory responsibilities of all program
- A current negative TB test and satisfactory criminal record
check and Child Protective Services check are required.
- This person must also possess a clean driving record that will
permit them to be listed on ATLC vehicles insurance, and a current
- Requires strong organizational skills and administrative skills
including supervisory experience, program development and working
with children and parents.
- Ability to relate effectively with diverse groups of people
from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Must possess oral, auditory, and written communication skills
appropriate for interacting with both children and adults.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- The physical demand described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential
functions of position and to safely supervise children's
- Is able to easily lift 25 pounds from the floor to a
- Is able to get up and down from a sitting position on the
- Is able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
writing with children and adults.
- Is able to participate for periods of 30 minutes to one hour in
an active game such as kickball or tag and could be required to do
so on a daily basis.
- Is able to see for a distance of 50 yards for safe supervision
- Is able to hear for a distance of 25 yards for safe supervision
- Is able to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Is able to safely supervise children (ranges 6 weeks - 12
years) at any given time without a co-worker.
Keywords: Apple Tree Kids, Suffolk , Suffolk Childcare Teacher, Education / Teaching , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...