CTE Business Teacher ($2,000 Recruitment Signing Bonus)
Company: Suffolk Public Schools
Posted on: September 22, 2022
High School Teaching/CTE Teacher
Nansemond River High School
Open Until Filled
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop
students' marketing academics (e.g. reading, math, writing, etc.)
and marketing skills (e.g. merchandising, communication theory and
techniques, advertising and sales promotion, personal selling,
etc.), as well as an understanding of our American marketing system
and its place in the nation's and world's economy; to provide
knowledge needed for intelligent consumption of marketing services;
to develop practical marketing skills for personal use or for use
in marketing occupations; and to encourage students to develop work
and personal habits essential for success in marketing.
- Develops and administers marketing education curriculum
consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to
individualized and small group instruction, and student
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and
translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best
utilize the available time for instruction
- Provides instruction on the use and development of skills in
the use of office equipment, technology (including the use of
computer network systems and applications, and marketing
- Prepares appropriate instructional aids and display materials
to enhance learning.
- Instructs students in use, care, and safe operation of
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies
instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including
students with special needs.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of
current developments in the educational field by attending
seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting
research, and by maintaining professional relationships with
members of the marketing community.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete
record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities,
achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and
ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's
standards and school district policies, and establishes and
maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a
functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially
within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids
and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other
central office administrators as designated by the
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and
responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task
Use standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer,
copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy,
as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning
- Knowledge of marketing education curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the
formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding
education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software
applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance
and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Work in standard office and school building environments.
- Must hold or be eligible for a Virginia Teaching License with
an appropriate endorsement. Education
- Bachelor's from an accredited college or university in
education discipline applicable to teaching assignment. Experience
- Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade
Terms of Employment
- Salary Range: $49,316 - 82,609 ($2,944 Additional for Master's
- Contract: 10 Months
- Benefits: Employer Portion Paid Retirement, Life Insurance,
Contribution to Medical Insurance, Personal and Sick Leave
FLSA Status: Exempt
Keywords: Suffolk Public Schools, Suffolk , CTE Business Teacher ($2,000 Recruitment Signing Bonus), Education / Teaching , Suffolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!